LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Waves?

No Waves?

To all you guys saying there were ankle high waves in the same exact spot I was in, I guess we have different wave measurements?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chillisurfer; Aug 30, 2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Adding another picture

Where is that?

Central Jersey

Up by Long branch we didn't have ****. I drove down towards Belmar and it was a different story

I just don't understand what happen to the swell in lb

Chest to Head Saturday and Sunday depending on the tide of course. Bigger today than yesterday (Sat). A few less closeouts would have been nice but I'm not complaining.

Yep that's what basically killed it for me today, all the closeouts. My longest wave must have been 5 seconds long and I don't think i even got a lip maneuver off today. You could get barreled but the only way to exit it is doggy door, and then the paddle out gets tougher through the bigger sets

Images
    Surfed NWW saturday AM with head high waves , That eveinging surfed CM chest to head .

Today surfed NWW all day started out Head high then switched to Waist high

Pretty fun weekend. Rode my 6'2 quad all day and my log all day yesterday.

Images
    I remember a hurricane swell in the late eighties that was going off from Belmar south. There had been a couple of drownings so the rangers at Sandy Hook closed the beaches. The only problem was there was no surf over waist high at Sandy Hook. They had rangers all over the beach to keep people out of the water including surfers. It was insane, all the surfers were arguing with the rangers but the rangers kept saying it was too dangerous .

swell over 12seconds dont really get into northern monmouth county. This swell was 2.6'@15seconds we saw 4-5' surf in ocean county and southern monmouth and north of belmar was basically flat. Also remember the Shrewsbury Rocks refract alot of the long period swell so it cannot get into. If it was a windswell it wouldnt be able to fill in alot better with out worry of being refracting.