LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    http://magicseaweed.com/Misquamicut-Surf-Guide/783/
    Trying not to advertise the competition on rival message board. Scroll down and look the consistency/swell height. It's clear where the biggest and baddest swells happen. Spring and Fall. Of course there might be just a few overhead days in jan and then flatness which will roll down the average. Winter is not consistent and certainly not better than the spring and fall.(ie sept, oct, nov, late march, april, may) That was my point. Anyway, have fun out there.
    sorry that my post was kinda whiny. result of being teased with a short session at a good spot this morning before getting kicked by the guards then having to join everyone else on the trail of tears down to promised land belmar, which was crowded and sucked by the time i got there.

    thanks for the link. ive seen a lot of bs and thought you pulled those numbers out of your ass lol. and yeah i actually prefer msweed over swell info their forecasts in my opinion are more consistent and detailed than swellinfo. for example it predicted waist high for deal and shoulder high for the spot i surfed this morning which turned out to be right on the dot, while swellinfo has one report for all of monmouth county

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,091
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by bananadogpizza View Post
    sorry that my post was kinda whiny. result of being teased with a short session at a good spot this morning before getting kicked by the guards then having to join everyone else on the trail of tears down to promised land belmar, which was crowded and sucked by the time i got there.

    thanks for the link. ive seen a lot of bs and thought you pulled those numbers out of your ass lol. and yeah i actually prefer msweed over swell info their forecasts in my opinion are more consistent and detailed than swellinfo. for example it predicted waist high for deal and shoulder high for the spot i surfed this morning which turned out to be right on the dot, while swellinfo has one report for all of monmouth county

    Swellinfo is ran with with very little funding . Most of it is done out of his pocket and its a one man show for the most part. Magic Seaweed has tons of revenu and it ran by more than one person. You know there is a option on this site where you can give your own surf report on swell info. and it will be posted for other to see. I have little luck with Magic seaweed there forcast for SNJ are poor for the most part .Its almost like they are thinking the beaches havent changed in the past 4 years or something

  3. #13
    Last couple years magic seaweed has been in lala land with their NJ forecasts. Not reliable at all.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by jettyface View Post
    Last couple years magic seaweed has been in lala land with their NJ forecasts. Not reliable at all.
    yeah, i'm going to agree w/ that.

    mikeb=f**king dumb

    winter surfing is an "ego thing?" wow, dude. you're obviously a memorial to labor day surfer and that's it. you don't know anything about winter swells and how much more powerful/big/legit they are. you'd rather surf waist high weak summer crap? good! stay the f**k away when it gets big b/c you obviously don't know what you're doing.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    yeah, i'm going to agree w/ that.

    mikeb=f**king dumb

    winter surfing is an "ego thing?" wow, dude. you're obviously a memorial to labor day surfer and that's it. you don't know anything about winter swells and how much more powerful/big/legit they are. you'd rather surf waist high weak summer crap? good! stay the f**k away when it gets big b/c you obviously don't know what you're doing.

    What he said. Also magic seaweed for the mid-Atlantic is a f&cking joke. They are the LEAST accurate of any site.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,366
    mikeb needs to be banned

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    185

    dido

    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I've said it a billion times. hurricane swells are super fickle. The real surf should start in about 2 months and last until April
    Yea and the clowns will be gone!

  8. #18
    I'm going to have to agree with Mike B to a certain degree. I've been a "hardcore" winter surfer for 10 years now and I love it. Us surfers in Jerz put up with EXTREME conditions just to surf some head high waves. Let's not play games we all would love to surf the same conditions in boardshorts but we dont have the luxury. I agree with Mike because I have def seen more winter surfers than ever. For the first time, I've seen winter KOOKS!!!??? So there are people who now buy a suit for the "your not surfing in the winter" factor. Difference is they ususally are the ones watching us surf on the inside. So long story short, let a kook be a kook, more bigger, better waves for us.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LB
    Posts
    22
    Images
    4

    winter time

    id rather have head high offshore in the winter time rather than head high offshore in the summer time. less people who have no clue and only the true surfers are out. to me its worth the cold rather than 50 guys out with no clue.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    Not sure where your getting this info from. July is slightly more consistent than January. The majority of ride-able days/consistency(ie at least 3 feet and least 7 seconds) exist in the fall and spring. 10% of days are ride-able on average in January vs. 13% in July in Rhode island. Around 26% of days are ride-able on average in September. "Winter" surfing is more of an ego thing. Only a lunatic goes in the water in December/January/February in the north Atlantic with air temps in the teens and water temps in the lower 30s. haha Your telling me that is fun? I'd rather have beach babes and warm weather with nice mushy shoulder high point break type waves. But to each their own! Have fun and make sure your nuts don't freeze off! I do agree hurricane swells are fickle sometimes, but when you score....you score.
    Ha! Of course we would alll love to see beach babe in bikini's while we surf in board shorts at piont breaks! But we are getting good piont breaks waves in July although july had ridable days in warm sun with bikini glad girls on the beach its not what we as surfers are looking for. Fine if your learning or getting in shape for a trip or the falll season but really July in Jersey isnt ideal for surfing I dont care what any stats say if you have surfed for years you will understand that the summer month with the limited beaches available for surfing(lifeguard,beach tags) and the amount of people trying to surf no a days June ,July are good month to get on a Mountain bike hit the gym go on a surf trip where you see hot brazilian chick in thongs surfing in the lineup and hot chicks on the beac with in sane quality piont breaks and let the kooks and benny's(not quite kook status yet) have it.
    That just my mind set althouh summer days can be fun its not why I surf....