LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LB green room View Post
    id rather have head high offshore in the winter time rather than head high offshore in the summer time. less people who have no clue and only the true surfers are out. to me its worth the cold rather than 50 guys out with no clue.
    100% agreed

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    100% agreed
    ditto!.............

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    ditto!.............
    mega dittos!

If you look carefully at swell angle, size and period, you might notice that certain patterns start to appear when it comes to what part of the state breaks and what does not during these kinds of swell events. The fact is, when we start to see periods over 10 seconds, strange things begin to happen, and some areas get skunked while others get a total feast. Because we just don't get these kinds of events very often, it's hard to get a handle on what to expect.

Certainly, winter storms create more consistent conditions up and down the coast. If you've lived and surfed here long enough, you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    What he said. Also magic seaweed for the mid-Atlantic is a f&cking joke. They are the LEAST accurate of any site.
    Hmmm...let's see. I first get asked for a source because "I pulled it out of my ass". When I provide the source, I'm told by the scholar "motion" that I should be banned. Yeah that makes sense. Then pumpmaster(don't even get me started on the jokes I could make on this handle) apologizes and then out of nowhere agree's with motion once he realizes someone takes his b.s. side. Talk about having no backbone pumpmaster. "mega ditto's" Man talk about a "follower"
    Last edited by mikeb2056; Aug 31, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    http://magicseaweed.com/Misquamicut-Surf-Guide/783/
    Trying not to advertise the competition on rival message board. Scroll down and look the consistency/swell height. It's clear where the biggest and baddest swells happen. Spring and Fall. Of course there might be just a few overhead days in jan and then flatness which will roll down the average. Winter is not consistent and certainly not better than the spring and fall.(ie sept, oct, nov, late march, april, may) That was my point. Anyway, have fun out there.
    We do have fun out there, actually allot of fun. Honestly Im glad you dont, stay home in the winter.
    Maybe the consistency is not there in the winter, but it sure as hell makes up for it in every other aspect. Number one being the diminished herd of herbs who say they are surfers.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankShreds View Post
    Number one being the diminished herd of herbs who say they are surfers.
    example: mikeb

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    example: mikeb
    Infraction: Insulting other member. Just stop, ok?
    Last edited by mikeb2056; Aug 31, 2010 at 01:52 AM.

Referring to winter surfing as an "ego thing", come on man, really. Enjoy your "nice mushy shoulder high point break type waves." The rest of us "lunatics" with "egos" will enjoy our cold steep firing barrels by ourselves without the hordes of "surfers".

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    "Winter" surfing is more of an ego thing. Only a lunatic goes in the water in December/January/February in the north Atlantic with air temps in the teens and water temps in the lower 30s. haha Your telling me that is fun? I'd rather have beach babes and warm weather with nice mushy shoulder high point break type waves.

Wait, what? Beach babes and mushy waves? THAT sounds like an ego thing. Freezing your sack when not a soul sees you paddle out, have a sick session, and walk back to your truck through snow drifts (except for the old dude walking his dog who pretends he doesn't see you)? Definitely NOT an ego thing.