LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: evacuate!

  1. #1

    Close!

    time tuh evacuate friday?! lolz...headin' up tuh canada eh?
    Last edited by kman; Aug 29, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    central li, topsail island nc
    Posts
    160
    i don't understand whats funny about the possiblity of a cat2 or higher hurricane barreling into us or others for that matter.. ur an idiot

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by swell5 View Post
    i don't understand whats funny about the possiblity of a cat2 or higher hurricane barreling into us or others for that matter.. ur an idiot
    Oh get off your high horse. He's not an idiot. Every 20 years a river floods in the same place and people ***** and moan about losing their house! Yet, you built where it floods!! What do you expect with an oceanfront home! It's a risk you take. Their actually rebuilding new Orleans in the same place I think. Is that right? No brains. Not that I don't feel sorry for the poor people in poverty that were left behind when Katrina hit. It's the city engineers/building engineers and city planners I blame. If you build coastal in low lying area's, be prepared for a surge! Sort of like the stock market. Don't put money in that you can't afford to lose!

    Anyway, this hopefully going to bring us an awesome swell for Thursday! I think it's going to be a mess on Friday. It would actually be way better for us if it didn't make land fall and swung just off the cape.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    central li, topsail island nc
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    Oh get off your high horse. He's not an idiot. Every 20 years a river floods in the same place and people ***** and moan about losing their house! Yet, you built where it floods!! What do you expect with an oceanfront home! It's a risk you take. Their actually rebuilding new Orleans in the same place I think. Is that right? No brains. Not that I don't feel sorry for the poor people in poverty that were left behind when Katrina hit. It's the city engineers/building engineers and city planners I blame. If you build coastal in low lying area's, be prepared for a surge! Sort of like the stock market. Don't put money in that you can't afford to lose!

    Anyway, this hopefully going to bring us an awesome swell for Thursday! I think it's going to be a mess on Friday. It would actually be way better for us if it didn't make land fall and swung just off the cape.
    get off my high horse. are f ing kidding me? who the hell said anything about new orleans or a river flooding? maybe you're the idiot or then maybe you can tell me whats so funny about a storm of magnitude hitting the coast and the possiblity of the loss of lives and property? funny really? lol! thats what the comment was toward... get a freaking clue

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20
    Models seem to be trending a bit west... current sat loop shows a slight jog to the WSW right now as well. I wouldnt be surprised to see the forecast track shift a bit west tomorrow closer to the coast again. Definitely not funny at all.

    Canes are exciting, but not ones that are this close to home.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by swell5 View Post
    get off my high horse. are f ing kidding me? who the hell said anything about new orleans or a river flooding? maybe you're the idiot or then maybe you can tell me whats so funny about a storm of magnitude hitting the coast and the possiblity of the loss of lives and property? funny really? lol! thats what the comment was toward... get a freaking clue
    It has to do with people who buy ocean front homes who think their million dollar house isn't going to get steam rolled eventually by the Atlantic You started ranting because he made a joke about evacuating to canada. Big deal! Cool your jets. Oh and loss of life can be avoided by proper evacuation. Oh and I don't want the hurricane to make landfall. Just to be clear as I said in my reply.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20
    Earl is now a major hurricane. (Category 3)

    Track has been shifted slightly West as anticipated as well.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LB
    Posts
    22
    Images
    4

    earl

    LB got skunked with Danielle but were deff going to get some waves from earl. . .

  9. #9
    I'm thinking Saturday AM might be the time