LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you would have gotton the 4/3 mutant that was tight youd be warm.. I have mutant that is skin tight I surf year round and didnt even get a chill in Feb. 2.5-3 hrs is my normal surf session.. Just my 2 cents....

anyone ever have a west suit that is really loose in the legs. mine always fill up with water, it fits everywhere else but the legs are always loose

Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    If you would have gotton the 4/3 mutant that was tight youd be warm.. I have mutant that is skin tight I surf year round and didnt even get a chill in Feb. 2.5-3 hrs is my normal surf session.. Just my 2 cents....
    I liked the mutant, but i went with the epic because it was a back zip and I was in and out of it with no problem. The mutant was a chest zip and was just a pain in the ass for me to get in. Anytime I got a nonback zip suit it was always a pain. I sacraficed warmth for comfort, but I'm looking in the other direction now just to enjoy longer better winter sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by kinkyreggae View Post
    anyone ever have a west suit that is really loose in the legs. mine always fill up with water, it fits everywhere else but the legs are always loose
    yeah.... I had that with my last 3/2 i bought in april which was a large tall.... fit everywhere except the arms and legs would flood....plus I also lost some weight this summer.....just bought the same suit in a medium tall and it fits great.... thats why i want to buy a rip curl winter suit in that size cause it fits me well.....just wanted to make sure they run the same size as far as thicker suits go....i would try a size smaller

Quote Originally Posted by tibu35 View Post
    I liked the mutant, but i went with the epic because it was a back zip and I was in and out of it with no problem. The mutant was a chest zip and was just a pain in the ass for me to get in. Anytime I got a nonback zip suit it was always a pain. I sacraficed warmth for comfort, but I'm looking in the other direction now just to enjoy longer better winter sessions.
    yea, chest zips can be a hassle to get out of, esp. when you're cold & tired from a long session, but the advantages (more flexible, less water getting thru the zipper teeth, etc...) really out weigh that, at least to me. since you're looking at rip curl, try to find last season's f-bomb 5/4/3. most shops should have them on sale b/c rip curl did a little redesign on the suit, so they look totally different now. this is the warmest winter suit i've ever worn...but i'm like you, rip curl just fits me the best. it's like the guy they use to pattern their larges is my clone or something, so i rock the bomb series suits all the way thru, from 2mil short sleeve full up to the 5/4/3.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yea, chest zips can be a hassle to get out of, esp. when you're cold & tired from a long session, but the advantages (more flexible, less water getting thru the zipper teeth, etc...) really out weigh that, at least to me. since you're looking at rip curl, try to find last season's f-bomb 5/4/3. most shops should have them on sale b/c rip curl did a little redesign on the suit, so they look totally different now. this is the warmest winter suit i've ever worn...but i'm like you, rip curl just fits me the best. it's like the guy they use to pattern their larges is my clone or something, so i rock the bomb series suits all the way thru, from 2mil short sleeve full up to the 5/4/3.
    do you know anything about the rip curl 5/4 insulator .... it was the suit i was looking at

I hear the Patagonia is really warm and form fitting but very pricey. the Rip Curl winter suits are all good. Anyone try the H-bomb with heaters?

Quote Originally Posted by tibu35 View Post
    do you know anything about the rip curl 5/4 insulator .... it was the suit i was looking at
    i've only seen the insulator in 4/3 w/ the removable hood...i do know that the insulator line is a step down from the bomb series...i think it replaces the core series of wetsuits in the overall product line. it's still a really good quality suit for the price, def. a cheaper alternative to the bomb series.

alvin, i think the h-bomb is cost prohibitive for most people. $1100 for a hooded 4/3 is a bit much to swallow for most folks, no matter how awesome. i'd love to pick one up simply b/c i prefer to wear the least amount of rubber possible, but it's kinda hard to justify to the fiancee who already has to put up w/ my expansive quiver & multiple dripping wetsuits hung up around the house. she's tolerant of my bizarre behavior b/c she knows it keeps me sane, but only to a point.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Aug 31, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

[QUOTE=njsurfer42;72742]yea, chest zips can be a hassle to get out of, esp. when you're cold & tired from a long session,

SO true many times I feel like I may not get out of it and usually in a hurry to get to work. As I struggle passer bys will walk by and I stop and act cool then I struggle some more once I get my elbow out I am good. On rare occasion when I surf with a frien I say hell with it help me get this around my elbow. But I am toasty warm...This year believe it or not I seemed to go through seperation anxiety with my winter suit I got so used to it and love it so much I really didnt want the warm water to come of course knowing what it brings with it..