LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buxton, NC

Buxton, NC

Check out Buxton's forecast on Friday. hopefully Earl doesnt get too close.

Images
    hooolyyyy f*** GL man

get the jet ski ready

somebody go put the east coast on the XXL map its like 50 grand for the biggest paddle in wave of the year you prob score points with the judges for it being Nc

Images
    That is ridiculous...whos takin pics? haha

15 ft and offshore... damn. If i didnt have to work i would go give my best shot at death by drowning.

Learn from daniel, 1-3 foot overhead really means occasional head. Therefore 15ft really means... well i still think its going to be nuts, even if it makes solid 8 foot showing. 8ft hatty is no joke.

Watch out for storm debris. I broke a off 2 fins hitting a piling during isabel... and i was nowhere near a pier.

Clowns

Are you guys for real? There will be so much water moving around on Friday you won't come close to making it to the lineup. The outer sandbars will be the only thing holding and they are about a mile out (with 30-35k winds to boot). Unless you have a jetski, you won't be surfing anything over 8 ft.
    Last edited by StuckinVA; Sep 1, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Images
    in that case, would anyone in the LBI area like to tow?

Quote Originally Posted by StuckinVA View Post
    Are you guys for real? There will be so much water moving around on Friday you won't come close to making it to the lineup. The outer sandbars will be the only thing holding and they are about a mile out (with 30-35k winds to boot). Unless you have a jetski, you won't be surfing anything over 8 ft.

There are places in the outer banks that I have seen solid 10 foot (easily) swells breaking on the inner most bars. I'm not saying it will be ridable, I'm just saying you are pessimistic and really don't know what you are talking about, at all.

It was jacking up 8 feet this morning when the shore break sections ran over backwash waves in KDH. I dropped in on what I thought was about a head high sick peeling right, only to end up on a 8 foot (looked bigger) face staring at a dry sandbar beneath me. I locked in and tried my best to burn that section, which I did. And holy **** what an adrenaline rush.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Foreca...US52.KMHX.html

THU NIGHT
    HURRICANE CONDITIONS EXPECTED. NE WINDS 45 TO 55 KT
    WITH GUSTS UP TO 75 KT...BECOMING N 65 TO 85 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO
    105 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 22 TO 26 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY.