LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Earl & Hurricane Bob of '91

Anyone remember Hurricane Bob in 91. Track is similar for SE & Mid Atlantic but hit in the NE. Waves were good after it passed. Morning was ugly, but after it passed, sun came out & winds switched hard offshore & it was firing. The winds for Earl are a lot stronger than Bob though. Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard took a serious hit.

Hurricane BOB '91

Hurricane Earl '10

Images
    I remember!

Images
    Hurricane Gloria '85 was similar with peak winds of 145. I remember Gloria as well & being @ the Fenwick Inn & seeing huge waves break way outside, come in to slam the oceanfront condos & the waves make it to coastal highway. Water on coastal highway up north was 2-3 feet deep. Gloria was really close to shore for us in the mid-atlantic. Bob seems like a closer path, but the strength of Earl could provide some macking waves similar to Gloria.

Cape May NJ Flooding

Last edited by chuck white; Sep 2, 2010 at 02:37 PM.

Images
    Gloria blew over the Weeping Willow tree in my front yard...in Laurel, DE.

It better move faster or itll be hard north winds all night.Itll fire overnight and then be flat in the morning.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    It better move faster or itll be hard north winds all night.Itll fire overnight and then be flat in the morning.
    No doubt, North winds for Delmarva SUCK!