LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomorrow

Images

tomorrow

does anyone really think the swell is gonna die that fast?

It definitely will not be like it is now...I'm saying chest sets high in the morning.

Images
    that's what i was thinking, i wasnt expecting like head high waves with those offshore winds we're having, but i dont think offshore winds at 15 knots would bring a long period overhead swell to waist high. somebody correct me if im wrong

Images
    i thought the same thing how does it drop soo much?? but idk i kinda hope it does drop like that because i like it about stomache tochest high but im also smaller and younger but i hope so

Quote Originally Posted by lbsurfer View Post
    that's what i was thinking, i wasnt expecting like head high waves with those offshore winds we're having, but i dont think offshore winds at 15 knots would bring a long period overhead swell to waist high. somebody correct me if im wrong
    Ya I was wondering the same thing. All I know is I will be up at 5:30 to check it...

I don't agree with the forecast just based on experience. Yeah this hurricane is way too powerful and passing way tooo close for there to be no swell tomorrow on the backside. I've seen noreaster's not nearly this powerful punch out into the Canadian maritimes real fast and the next day was enormous. If anything, the swells are probably just going to be more organzied. I'm going to check the forecast tomorrow morning. That will tell the story.
    Last edited by mikeb2056; Sep 3, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

No

[QUOTE=lbsurfer;73378]does anyone really think the swell is gonna die that fast? [/QUOTE
    No

I think it could drop fast. Strong offshore winds and the storm tracking up the coast, rather than out to sea, is not the best combo to keep a swell around for very long. My guess is knee to chest, maybe a couple of leftover head high very early for DE and MD.

Well I was wrong and swellinfo was right. Swell dropping like a rock and it's only 10:00am.

of course you were wrong. i just hope you didn't waste too much duct tape getting ready for today.