LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nasty water

nasty water

haven't logged this many hours in the water for a while. unfortunately, all this nasty water has given me a sinus infection. a few others have them also. i think friday night had the worst of it. the water was pretty much brown with utter crap floating all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    haven't logged this many hours in the water for a while. unfortunately, all this nasty water has given me a sinus infection. a few others have them also. i think friday night had the worst of it. the water was pretty much brown with utter crap floating all over the place.
    Got to love Jersey...at least you didn't get stuck with any dirty needles this time I'm surprised you guys don't wear 6/5 wetsuits in the summer to prevent the dirty needles from piercing your skin.

Images
    Same here man, I had a sinus infection also, and still went out.

Images
    yeah man i dunno what was up with all the **** in the water lately, theres that brown algae lookin stuff and like clear squishy fish egg type things, its pretty nasty for sure. to help prevent sinus infections in the future make sure you blow all the water out of your nose after a session, bend over and let it run out of your sinus cavity. the infection happens when bacteria is trapped up there so if you blow it all out you shouldnt get an infection

Images
    Invest in a Netti Pot . Since I got one I uses it when I get home from surfing and it cut my sinus infections drasticly. Its also good if you have allergies to use it once or twice a week to clean pollen out of your nose.

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotla...eti&campaign=1

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Invest in a Netti Pot . Since I got one I uses it when I get home from surfing and it cut my sinus infections drasticly. Its also good if you have allergies to use it once or twice a week to clean pollen out of your nose.

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotla...eti&campaign=1
    i've had one forever ha

water just rushed up my nose real bad once on fri and once on sat, and i think i that second one just did it for me.

small price to pay for a great run of surf

vb was gross friday night. I think i even saw a fetus float by at one point. OBX was just as brown on saturday, but the concern was more on death by drowning than the h20 quality... I just tell myself its like surfing a rivermouth, watch out for crocs (and turds)!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    vb was gross friday night. I think i even saw a fetus float by at one point. OBX was just as brown on saturday, but the concern was more on death by drowning than the h20 quality... I just tell myself its like surfing a rivermouth, watch out for crocs (and turds)!
    Beware of the floating white snakes brotha!!

My problem is the ears...I always put some peroxide in there to avoid infections.

the water smelled like week-old dead fish where i was surfing

that nor-eastern last fall really screwed me up. Every gland in my body was huge and tender afte the sesion, followed by a week of BAD flu symptoms. I didnt go to the doctor because i didnt want to know... i just blamed my girlfriends cooking.