LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nasty water

Hybrid View

nasty water

haven't logged this many hours in the water for a while. unfortunately, all this nasty water has given me a sinus infection. a few others have them also. i think friday night had the worst of it. the water was pretty much brown with utter crap floating all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    haven't logged this many hours in the water for a while. unfortunately, all this nasty water has given me a sinus infection. a few others have them also. i think friday night had the worst of it. the water was pretty much brown with utter crap floating all over the place.
    Got to love Jersey...at least you didn't get stuck with any dirty needles this time I'm surprised you guys don't wear 6/5 wetsuits in the summer to prevent the dirty needles from piercing your skin.

Images
    Same here man, I had a sinus infection also, and still went out.

Images
    yeah man i dunno what was up with all the **** in the water lately, theres that brown algae lookin stuff and like clear squishy fish egg type things, its pretty nasty for sure. to help prevent sinus infections in the future make sure you blow all the water out of your nose after a session, bend over and let it run out of your sinus cavity. the infection happens when bacteria is trapped up there so if you blow it all out you shouldnt get an infection

Images
    Invest in a Netti Pot . Since I got one I uses it when I get home from surfing and it cut my sinus infections drasticly. Its also good if you have allergies to use it once or twice a week to clean pollen out of your nose.

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotla...eti&campaign=1

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Invest in a Netti Pot . Since I got one I uses it when I get home from surfing and it cut my sinus infections drasticly. Its also good if you have allergies to use it once or twice a week to clean pollen out of your nose.

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotla...eti&campaign=1
    i've had one forever ha

water just rushed up my nose real bad once on fri and once on sat, and i think i that second one just did it for me.

small price to pay for a great run of surf

vb was gross friday night. I think i even saw a fetus float by at one point. OBX was just as brown on saturday, but the concern was more on death by drowning than the h20 quality... I just tell myself its like surfing a rivermouth, watch out for crocs (and turds)!

Wow this is crazy. Tommorow about to be my 3rd day out of school from flu symptoms. Ive surfed the past weekend and monday at Deal.

oh yeah that water messed me up too. Yesterday I was at the library desk at school checking out some cds after being in the water alot the previous days. I was checking them out with the librarian and felt what I thought was a little saltwater/snot mix coming outta my nose and I just sniffed it back up. The librarian told me to grab a tissue but i told her i was fine. Then she pointed to the desk I was standing over, there lay one drop of blood. When I turned my head down to look at it/ clean it, someone turned the faucet on in my nose and that thing just drained blood all over them rental miles davis cds. hahah it was too funny but really awkward as anything at the same time. I ran outta that joint to the bathroom and my nose continued to pour for 10 minutes. my drum teacher who was in the bathroom at the time told me it was cause all of that salt water. but i did not tell him i ruined all them jazz cds he wanted me to listen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    but i did not tell him i ruined all them jazz cds he wanted me to listen too.
    You should still make sure you get to listen to them... Philly Joe Jones, Tony Williams, etc are legendary.

I was in Ventnor City for my bachelor party the weekend of the Sept 11th. I was surfing in some really tiny waves when a slightly less tiny wave came up on me while I wasn't paying attention. It flipped my over and shot water straight through my sinuses. Right away it started to tickle and was pretty much a full blown sinus infection by the next morning. Of course, there were probably a couple other things that weekend that may have made me sick.