LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: nasty water

we could also find us a busty redhead to organize a class action suit against the gov't for slowly killing us. But then our gov't is ass broke, so i dont know how much good that would do either. Join surfrider.

I didnt really notice the dirty water, but now i have a sinus infection too. Perfect timing for the first few days of school.

Images

Still Tired

I'm still really really tired and its been 5 days since i surfed. Now I'm dryheaving alot and hungry all the time

Images
    I've been using the Dukestorm link to Surfrider to report my local water quality. I haven't really gotten sick yet, but I have been reporting it every time I see it. Hopefully it is doing some good.

yes

Support Surfrider.....and go get checked when you're spewing a mixture of apres-surf snot & blood....!

Surfrider is not enough

Surfrider (while good) is not enough. We're talking about the whole agriculture/industrial complex of the east coast. You think politicians care two cents about a bunch of hippie surfers against the big lobbies that they NEED to stay in office. You're on crack if you think surfrider alone can do that, even if every quasi-surfer in the US joins up. What needs to be done is the health effects publicized. As I mentioned earlier, it's not just surfers affected (though we are the MOST affected). All those folks wading around and swimming in the shorebreak are at risk too, including the families and children of CEO's and congressmen. Until they and everyone else understands the reality of what is happening, NOTHING will change. Even when they do understand, it's still going to take a lot more than a few bs bills from the Capital. People need to actually CARE about sustainability and work toward it, and that'll get us maybe 60% of the way there. It's also a mere population issue. Poop has to go somewhere. People have to eat. Wal-mart needs cheap plastic bags and water bottles. I'm not saying give up, but, rather, STEP IT UP. I'm just as guilty as anyone else, and we have to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Surfrider (while good) is not enough. We're talking about the whole agriculture/industrial complex of the east coast. You think politicians care two cents about a bunch of hippie surfers against the big lobbies that they NEED to stay in office. You're on crack if you think surfrider alone can do that, even if every quasi-surfer in the US joins up. What needs to be done is the health effects publicized. As I mentioned earlier, it's not just surfers affected (though we are the MOST affected). All those folks wading around and swimming in the shorebreak are at risk too, including the families and children of CEO's and congressmen. Until they and everyone else understands the reality of what is happening, NOTHING will change. Even when they do understand, it's still going to take a lot more than a few bs bills from the Capital. People need to actually CARE about sustainability and work toward it, and that'll get us maybe 60% of the way there. It's also a mere population issue. Poop has to go somewhere. People have to eat. Wal-mart needs cheap plastic bags and water bottles. I'm not saying give up, but, rather, STEP IT UP. I'm just as guilty as anyone else, and we have to do more.
    Well said & true dat.

Unfortunately, America's professional politicians care about one thing: getting re-elected, so they can line their pockets with taxpayer & corporate greenbacks.

Until the pols realize that we the people care about oceans & beaches, and that we the people decide to stand up to corporate greed & special interest greed, we're going to continue to get screwed over on everything, and that def includes our oceans & beaches.

Just keep paying more & more taxes, my fellow lemmings. It's not getting any better.

sinus infection since last monday, just had to get antibiotics. this is getting annoying

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    sinus infection since last monday, just had to get antibiotics. this is getting annoying
    seriously. go get sinu cleanse or a netipot. i did antibiotics for years until an ENT friend of mine told me that they aren't all the effective. started doing the cleanse and that works great.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    seriously. go get sinu cleanse or a netipot. i did antibiotics for years until an ENT friend of mine told me that they aren't all the effective. started doing the cleanse and that works great.
    i've had a netipot for a while, and have been using it throughout the week. my sinus are so jammed that the solution won't get to the other side. partying last night definitely didn't help either. i don't like taking any sort of pills unless i have to, and it's been like a week so i just said **** it.