LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: nasty water

oh yeah that water messed me up too. Yesterday I was at the library desk at school checking out some cds after being in the water alot the previous days. I was checking them out with the librarian and felt what I thought was a little saltwater/snot mix coming outta my nose and I just sniffed it back up. The librarian told me to grab a tissue but i told her i was fine. Then she pointed to the desk I was standing over, there lay one drop of blood. When I turned my head down to look at it/ clean it, someone turned the faucet on in my nose and that thing just drained blood all over them rental miles davis cds. hahah it was too funny but really awkward as anything at the same time. I ran outta that joint to the bathroom and my nose continued to pour for 10 minutes. my drum teacher who was in the bathroom at the time told me it was cause all of that salt water. but i did not tell him i ruined all them jazz cds he wanted me to listen too.

This is really eye opening - I was completely ignorant of this - absolutely shocked reading this about HA and right here in Monmouth Cty....

yeah i am kinda shocked after reading this i guess i was super ignorant to that fact the ocean is dirty , i surfed all weekend in Virginia Beach and have had nasty sinus problems all week , i guess its from the water

damn, mad people having problems..

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    but i did not tell him i ruined all them jazz cds he wanted me to listen too.
    You should still make sure you get to listen to them... Philly Joe Jones, Tony Williams, etc are legendary.

I was in Ventnor City for my bachelor party the weekend of the Sept 11th. I was surfing in some really tiny waves when a slightly less tiny wave came up on me while I wasn't paying attention. It flipped my over and shot water straight through my sinuses. Right away it started to tickle and was pretty much a full blown sinus infection by the next morning. Of course, there were probably a couple other things that weekend that may have made me sick.

Man I read this whole thread I got in two really solid days this week. ear infection and swolen lymphnode in my neck real bad.

I respect privacy and confidentiality, and I'm not a member of Surfrider so I probably wouldn't fill out their Ocean Sickness survey but I hope a steering committe member is reading this forum and aware of the incidents being posted.

i haven't noticed myself feeling differently or out of the ordinary. i read this thread the other night, but really didn't have time to reply. that sucks about oahu, and diamond head though. i really love it there. kinda breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Man I read this whole thread I got in two really solid days this week. ear infection and swolen lymphnode in my neck real bad.
    Go to the doc bro...that is exactly what I got/have. Viral inner ear infection and the pressure has given me bells palsy on the left side of my face. Entire side of face is numb and only have partial movement there for about a week. Starting to get better now that the doc gave me some drugs (antiviral and steroids).

Quote Originally Posted by Surferdann View Post
    Go to the doc bro...that is exactly what I got/have. Viral inner ear infection and the pressure has given me bells palsy on the left side of my face. Entire side of face is numb and only have partial movement there for about a week. Starting to get better now that the doc gave me some drugs (antiviral and steroids).
    Surferdann - That's insane. Hope you're 100% soon. Can you give us an idea of where you surfed and got sick afterwards? Thanks.