LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

October issue of Surfer is out!!!

Lots of good reads the October issue of surfer

2010 wetsuit buyers guide

A article on shaping yoru first board

also a Article with Joel Tudor and Alex Knost in Queenslands.

Just to name a few check it out

honestly, i was kinda disappointed w/ the tudor/knost article. it was only like 3 pages long, & only about 6 photos. considering it was billed as a "photo essay," that seems a tad brief.

the shaping article & wetsuit guide will def. be useful...the wetsuit guide more so for those who are clueless about our rubber friends.

Images
    SURFING ftw

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    honestly, i was kinda disappointed w/ the tudor/knost article. it was only like 3 pages long, & only about 6 photos. considering it was billed as a "photo essay," that seems a tad brief.

the shaping article & wetsuit guide will def. be useful...the wetsuit guide more so for those who are clueless about our rubber friends.
    Yeah I felt the Tudor/Knost article could have been longer but its good to see them putting something other than what has been deamed kool in there. If I didnt get Surfer for free I wouldnt pay for it . I am gonna start getting Glide magazine soon its a big more and you get less issues but the quality is better

I hope Tudor gets back to his more traditional boards. His Kook boards line are OK but I like his old school stuff better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post

I leafed through the wetsuit guide yesterday and i found it kind of useless. Maybe its just me, but the descriptions seem like they're written by tripping NASA engineers:

"XDS air-firewall" "Barrier-2 pullover neck seal" "Ultraflex XDS" "Krypto knee Padz" "double fluid seam weld" "Plasma wrist seals"

Thats all one wetsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I leafed through the wetsuit guide yesterday and i found it kind of useless. Maybe its just me, but the descriptions seem like they're written by tripping NASA engineers:

"XDS air-firewall" "Barrier-2 pullover neck seal" "Ultraflex XDS" "Krypto knee Padz" "double fluid seam weld" "Plasma wrist seals"

Thats all one wetsuit.
    It's called an overzealous marketing department. It's all Bull****.

Images
    aww i dont get that one i get TRANSWORLD. wich is better?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ortleysurfer View Post
    aww i dont get that one i get TRANSWORLD. wich is better?
    get surfer, i have surfing, surfer, and transworld surf
    but surfer is BY FAR the best to me

Images
    got the new issue... havent opened one since the late 80's when i lived in oahu