LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lifeguards

Images

lifeguards

have they left the monmouth county beaches yet?

Images
    Tomorrow is the last day in Spring Lake

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnargnar View Post
    have they left the monmouth county beaches yet?
    i think theyre there for a bit longer, ill find out tomorrow

well in spring lake i know about this time of year they close beaches because theres not enough guards, so none at all will be nice to surf any beach around with no one giving me any S***

i guard in long branch 12th and our last shift is the i believe. cant wait im so tired of saving bennies

pardon the interruption

pardon the interruption...

...and please forgive my ignorance (I'm from MD and have never surfed NJ), but wtf is a bennie? just curious, y'all are always talking about it and i don't have a clue what you mean by it...peace.

benny is the northern/central nj term for a tourist/summer resident. always derogatory. it's an acronym standing for bayone, elizabeth, newark, & new york, which are the communities from which most summer visitors to lbi, seaside, belmar, etc. tend to hail.
    "shoobie" is the southern nj equivalent. this one stems from the days when tourists used to ride the train from philly & bring their lunches in shoeboxes. this is used brigantine south to cape may.

or you could've done a search & saved me the trouble.

word

you're assuming common sense with the self-search. after no waves and the ensuing train of orange crushes i've drunk this afternoon...yea...

mahalo for taking the time to educate!

Would it be fair to say that in MD, we have a habbit of calling them tourons?

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    you're assuming common sense with the self-search. after no waves and the ensuing train of orange crushes i've drunk this afternoon...yea...

mahalo for taking the time to educate!

LOL!! fair enough...can't say i'd be much more functional in the same place.

@poweruser- never heard "tourons" before, but i have heard SUP'ers referred to as "oarons" before. i kinda like that one.