LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 137
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470
    I know the pumpmaster won't like this but I'm gonna throw it out here anyway:

    Living Aloha is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the self. Each person must think and express good feelings to others.

    Akahai, kindness to be expressed with tenderness;
    Lokahi, unity, to be expressed with harmony;
    Oluolu, agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness;
    Haahaa, humility, to be expressed with modesty;
    Ahonui, patience, to be expressed with perseverance.

    “Aloha” is more than a word of greeting or farewell or a salutation. “Aloha” means mutual regard and affection and extends warmth in caring with no obligation in return.

    “Aloha” is the essence of relationships in which each person is important to every other person for collective existence.

    See it in action here (Waimea DP):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4TCgpRoy5s

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    I used to think surfer dude's were chill and laid back at one with nature hippy type of deal, until I started bodyboarding myself then I learned that a ton of them(not all) are total douche's.
    If anything surfers are arrogant and I can understand why since it takes a while to get good at the sport, but on the douchebag note, I come across them a lot I find them hilarious, they paddle into the line up talking about getting shacked and boosting so high and getting gnarly with it and all this typical stereotypical ****, then when you seem them take off on a wave they just look like a complete idiot, wait till winter thins them out, a lot of them only thinks surfing is a sumer thing...

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVA View Post
    wait till winter thins them out, a lot of them only thinks surfing is a sumer thing...
    Almost everyone who surfs in the northern Atlantic knows that there are "winter surfers". They've been in a surf shop before and seen the hooded wetsuits. How could you possibly not know that people surf in the winter? It's that a lot of people choose not to surf in the winter because it's extremely uncomfortable. Period.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    I know the pumpmaster won't like this but I'm gonna throw it out here anyway:

    Living Aloha is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the self. Each person must think and express good feelings to others.

    Akahai, kindness to be expressed with tenderness;
    Lokahi, unity, to be expressed with harmony;
    Oluolu, agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness;
    Haahaa, humility, to be expressed with modesty;
    Ahonui, patience, to be expressed with perseverance.

    “Aloha” is more than a word of greeting or farewell or a salutation. “Aloha” means mutual regard and affection and extends warmth in caring with no obligation in return.

    “Aloha” is the essence of relationships in which each person is important to every other person for collective existence.

    See it in action here (Waimea DP):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4TCgpRoy5s
    Great post!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    Almost everyone who surfs in the northern Atlantic knows that there are "winter surfers". They've been in a surf shop before and seen the hooded wetsuits. How could you possibly not know that people surf in the winter? It's that a lot of people choose not to surf in the winter because it's extremely uncomfortable. Period.
    i love surfing in the winter. theres nothing like surfing a nice 45 degree wave with a thick old lip and nice offshore with big heavy waves and in a nice tight wetsuit (the ladies love the skin tight stuff) and no kooks or tourists in the water to have to dodge.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i love surfing in the winter. theres nothing like surfing a nice 45 degree wave with a thick old lip and nice offshore with big heavy waves and in a nice tight wetsuit (the ladies love the skin tight stuff) and no kooks or tourists in the water to have to dodge.
    Go for it! I'm not hating.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    2,975
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    Almost everyone who surfs in the northern Atlantic knows that there are "winter surfers". They've been in a surf shop before and seen the hooded wetsuits. How could you possibly not know that people surf in the winter? It's that a lot of people choose not to surf in the winter because it's extremely uncomfortable. Period.
    Mikeb2056 what you are failing to relize is that Surfer act like that most cause they have felt or seen the results of people droping in. Its not like Malibu in 1964 where is a cool for more than one guy can be on a wave.

    People that do not surf in the winter and not true surfers. If you love surfing as much as you say and it takes a big part of your life you will deal with the cold waters to get your fix

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Mikeb2056 what you are failing to relize is that Surfer act like that most cause they have felt or seen the results of people droping in. Its not like Malibu in 1964 where is a cool for more than one guy can be on a wave.

    People that do not surf in the winter and not true surfers. If you love surfing as much as you say and it takes a big part of your life you will deal with the cold waters to get your fix
    I didn't say don't pay attention to basic etiquette and drop in on people. I was basically talking about localism and one poster was talking about how you shouldn't paddle out to a point in San Diego unless you want a beating...lol And all this earning respect stuff and how people on certain boards have more rights than others and "the pecking order" ect.

    And as far as being a "real" surfer. If your that addicted to it and it's in your blood, you wouldn't live on the east coast where it's ass cold 6 months of year and swells are not consistent and the mid Atlantic has absolutely horrid geography with basically all sand breaks with a total lack of variety of waves and on top of it....It's crowded! All I see east coaster's do is complain and then talk about how hardcore they are. If your that dedicated, you'd move to where there's consistent swell. Come on now Matt. There's plenty of places to move. Australia, California, Hawaii ect. Nowhere in the mid Atlantic can hold anything over 10 feet because of all steep sand beach breaks You call this hardcore? That's a joke. Any BIG rideable waves you see on the east coast are in new england where sand gives way to rocks and it's still inconsistent up there compared to the pacific or europe. Were are on the wrong side of the ocean. Storms travel west to east throwing swell in the oppostite direction. And we have a continental shelf to boot!
    Last edited by mikeb2056; Sep 10, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bethany Beach, DE
    Posts
    136
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb2056 View Post
    I didn't say don't pay attention to basic etiquette and drop in on people. I was basically talking about localism and one poster was talking about how you shouldn't paddle out to a point in San Diego unless you want a beating...lol And all this earning respect stuff and how people on certain boards have more rights than others and "the pecking order" ect.

    And as far as being a "real" surfer. If your that addicted to it and it's in your blood, you wouldn't live on the east coast where it's ass cold 6 months of year and swells are not consistent and the mid Atlantic has absolutely horrid geography with basically all sand breaks with a total lack of variety of waves and on top of it....It's crowded! All I see east coaster's do is complain and then talk about how hardcore they are. If your that dedicated, you'd move to where there's consistent swell. Come on now Matt. There's plenty of places to move. Australia, California, Hawaii ect. Nowhere in the mid Atlantic can hold anything over 10 feet because of all steep sand beach breaks You call this hardcore? That's a joke.
    oh yes because only the "real" surfers live in cali or hawaii etc. because we all have the money and ability to just pick up and leave. and why should/would we? there's something special about being born and raised where you surf. i can't stand the rich boys and their nice beach houses down here in DE who claim they're "local" because "i've basically grown up here from coming here every summer". bottom line, if you have the will to surf and you love it where you're at, that's hardcore enough.

  10. #30
    It's like comparing east coast skiing to west coast....NO COMPARISON.