LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Longboard fins help

new to me longboard is 9'. It came with a 2+1 fin setup, but the main fin looks like black plastic, and the smaller fins look like glass. it looks like its the stock fins. The board is epoxy by ricky carrol. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Go single or stay with all 3?

going single or sticking w/ all 3 is entirely up to you...personally, i prefer my longboards set up as a single fin. if you decide to go that route, try the true ames greenough 4a at about 9". my favorite fin for singles ever, no matter the length.

Images
    depends what you want to do if you wanna glide and do noserides get a 10 inch flex drive or pivot fin. If you want do quick turn and rip it keep it as a 2+1

the bigger fin will help you catch more small stuff and give you more drive down the line the down fall is depending on the style of fin and size you cant turn it on a dime

Images
    i had used a borrowed 9'2 and a 9'6 , both had a single fin and were fiberglass, and I agree you can't turn on a dime on those, but the drive down the line was sweet.

how does the center fin position (forward-back) make a difference in performance?
    Last edited by DaMook; Sep 12, 2010 at 03:35 AM.

Images
    found this article and it answered my questions

http://www.finshack.com/yourguidetolongb.html

good

That's a decent article on fins for longboards. Good find. Appreciated.

Images
    ok, anyone have suggestions for a 2+1 setup? I have stock fins and don't mind upgrading to make it pretty. I can't seem to find any 2+1 combos.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    ok, anyone have suggestions for a 2+1 setup? I have stock fins and don't mind upgrading to make it pretty. I can't seem to find any 2+1 combos.
    I don't ride mine with 2+1, but this fin makes for an awesome single fin. I have the 9" one though; http://shop.waterboyz.com/browse.cfm/4,14790.html

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I don't ride mine with 2+1, but this fin makes for an awesome single fin. I have the 9" one though; http://shop.waterboyz.com/browse.cfm/4,14790.html
    that's a nice fin. I guess I should measure mine. They measure it by height right?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    that's a nice fin. I guess I should measure mine. They measure it by height right?
    yep...7.5" or 8" would prob. be good lengths for a 2+1 w/ a cutaway center fin.