LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yep...7.5" or 8" would prob. be good lengths for a 2+1 w/ a cutaway center fin.
    thanks. does anybody sell the side fins? i can't seem to find them online. i'm sure the ones I have are fine enough, but you know damook like bling.

Fcs?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    thanks. does anybody sell the side fins? i can't seem to find them online. i'm sure the ones I have are fine enough, but you know damook like bling.
    If they're FCS or Futures you should be able to order them right from the website..
    http://www.surffcs.com/en/products/f...gboard/gx.aspx

Images
    I belive Rainbow has them on there site you can also try True Ames fins site also

most shops should have side fins for sale in both futures & fcs, possibly lok-box & a couple other more obscure fin systems if you're lucky. but futures & fcs side bites should be no trouble at all to locate.

Check the rocker. If it has more rocker throughout, it'll most likely ride good as a 2+1. If it's flatter, particularly in the entry area, it might ride better as a single. This is just one indication of the intent of the design... there are a lot more. But this is a start in determining what the designer had in mind. The simple fact that it's set up for a 2+1 also says something, but sometimes those things are done to get more interest in making a purchase. Rocker, bottom contours, rails, template, and tail tell much more.

My favorite 2+1 setup is an 8" fiberglass cutaway with sidebites. Center fin in the center of the box to start, then tweak it from there.

Welcome to longboarding!
    Last edited by LBCrew; Sep 23, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

I've got a Wingnut cutaway with my 2+1 setup on a 9'0 HP LB. By far the best setup I've experienced with this board over 12 years playing with fins.

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Check the rocker. If it has more rocker throughout, it'll most likely ride good as a 2+1. If it's flatter, particularly in the entry area, it might ride better as a single. This is just one indication of the intent of the design... there are a lot more. But this is a start in determining what the designer had in mind. The simple fact that it's set up for a 2+1 also says something, but sometimes those things are done to get more interest in making a purchase. Rocker, bottom contours, rails, template, and tail tell much more.

My favorite 2+1 setup is an 8" fiberglass cutaway with sidebites. Center fin in the center of the box to start, then tweak it from there.

Welcome to longboarding!
    thanks for the welcome. I didn't think longboarding was going to overtake my shortboarding, but I really like it, and my local break is a much better longboard wave anyway. I just feel bad for everyone else who has to watch me take all the waves