LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
    We could also take it to the level of nascar and shave our favorite sponsors into our backs. I mean, afterall, isn't that what the stereotypical surfer looks like, a billboard of brands, just like nascar.
    "Shave our favorite sponsors into our backs."
    LOL....wtf...LOL

"Dude...is that a sweater you're wearing in the water ?? Oh, dang, sorry man, you're not wearing a top..."

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Everything said here is right on the money. I guess I'm also a true surf dork to the point when I'm shopping for a car (new or used) I'm figuring out what size boards and how many I can fit inside it and on top. How many compartments to store crap and how well the interior will take the beating of getting in and out with wetsuits on (I don't buy light color interiors). Color and options take a back seat to functionality. The only thing I bring when looking at a car is a tape measure.

ditto...hence how i ended up w/ my jeep gc. i geeked to the point where i figured out whether or not i could go somewhere (road trip) w/ my log on top, but stick it inside if i ended up riding a shortboard when i got there. my 9'6" fits perfectly!
    i hear ya on light-colored interiors, too...last car i had w/ tan interior looked like someone had vomited all over the seats...but it was really melted wax, seawater stains, etc...& ok, yes, some vomit. i was in my early 20's, what do you expect?

Yeah dude, no joke. I work the dover races in the suites section and from 5 stories up I could make out that some guy had shaved 88 into his back hair. So I think we should step it up and shave the billabong symbol or something.

OR..........we could all wear thongs in the water and say how the reef girls truely depict the surf lifestyle I want to live and turn them into our surf idols. What'ya say??

Yeah dude, no joke. I work the dover races in the suites section and from 5 stories up I could make out that some guy had shaved 88 into his back hair. So I think we should step it up and shave the billabong symbol or something.

OR..........we could all wear thongs in the water and say how the reef girls truely depict the surf lifestyle I want to live and turn them into our surf idols. What'ya say??

dunno...ass hair stuck in wax? doesn't sound real enjoyable to me...not to mention long sessions will = ass rash. i really don't know how alana blanchard does it...tho i guess the ass hair thing would cut down on kooks wanting to borrow your boards ("hey, you're killing it! what are you riding? oh hey, can i grab a couple waves on it?" *swap boards* "argh! dude, wtf?? what's w/ the curly brown hairs stuck in your wax?!? NM...gimme my board back, you freak!!")
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Sep 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    ...tho i guess the ass hair thing would cut down on kooks wanting to borrow your boards ("hey, you're killing it! what are you riding? oh hey, can i grab a couple waves on it?" *swap boards* "argh! dude, wtf?? what's w/ the curly brown hairs stuck in your wax?!? NM...gimme my board back, you freak!!")
    id sooner lend out my girlfriend

Images
    a less painful method would be to clip our asshairs directly onto our wax while its melted so theres a big tuft of it dried in for everyone to see. more hairs=more rep

A former roommate of mine, girl from Daytona Beach, had the 88 tatted on the back of her neck. Classy haha.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    that's the thing that non-surfers don't get-surfers, at least serious ones, ARE losers! we geek out over weather maps & storm systems & obsess about having the right boards for the conditions. we'll skip a night out if the swell is gonna be good the next day so that we can grab a dawn session w/out a hangover. we'll leave a warm, hot, aroused girl in bed so that we can pull on a damp, cold 5mil, trudge thru knee deep snow, & take a 36 head-high set on the head, all so that we can get a couple good barrels to ourselves.
    there's nothing cool about being actively anti-social while pursuing an obsession like surfing. most of us on here maintain large, semi-diverse quivers spanning semi-guns to logs, alaias, hp shortboards, swim fins, & bodyboards. all of our extra $$ (& some that isn't extra) goes toward boards, wetsuits, & travel. work is merely a hindrance that prevents us from logging water time.
    real surfers are losers in every societal sense of the word.
    aint that the friggin truth............... i wouldn't have it any other way!!