LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    In this order

Oahu
    Kauai
    Maui
    F#@$ yeah, summer may be inconsistent, but it's still normally a little better than Zach got it. I lived on Oahu for two years, surfed the south shore every day for three months, and I'd say the average was waist high, a little bigger if you don't mind the choppy-ness over by Diamond Head. That sucks to hear about all the SUP's. I'm definitely not a fan of that, simply because the thought of some 50 lb boat slamming me in the head because some kook doesn't know what the crap he's doing...yea.

And summer may be inconsistent, but winter on Oahu.....wooooah s@$# man, bring some HGH for your balls, because you're gonna need it. The only place I've ever been where I've stayed out of the water for 5-6 days straight during super clean conditions simply because it was so big. By the end of the first winter, I was almost praying for the swells to slow down. As an east coast surfer, I couldn't bear to not surf on a good day, and after a few months it gets stressful pulling yourself together to go surf 2x overhead all the time.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, like 200 yards south outside the buoys... they told me whats it called. I just wanted to PM it. thats where i photoed the shark.
    Yeah....everybody was calling it the Harbor. That's where I surfed everyday. When that spot is going off it is a heavy local spot. But, if you can surf and follow the rules you will be ok.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    F#@$ yeah, summer may be inconsistent, but it's still normally a little better than Zach got it
    Yeah, I agree....I just got back last month from Oahu, Kauai and Maui. When I got to Oahu it was only waist...but as I was leaving Oahu a south swell was moving in and it got good in Kauai about 10ft on average. Maui was head high.