LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

how many photogs here

i was just wondering how many photographers we have here. thinking of upgrading soon to the mark lV i shoot with a 30d now

Images
    Well considering there is no camera called the IV I wouldn't do it. But, if you're talking about the Canon 1D Mark IV then I would say if you have an extra 5k do it. I also have the 30d and I'm getting the 7d next week.

I'm not in the expense bracket of 2k+ cameras.....but I have a question in two cameras I'm looking to decide on...
    Canon Rebel T2i.....or......Nikon D90?

any insight?

I shoot with the T1i and love it for the cost. I will upgrade later but since I am new to the game I wanted to get the hang and just use quality lens.

Images

Depends. . .

. . . upon your budget, your intended use (casual or professional) and your ability. It's not just the camera, it's mostly the photographer that's important.

Budget-wise, for now I'd like to keep it around 1k.....
    I've been shooting with a Sony dsc-h10....with teleconverter lens.........some photoshop work to tweak images. ( many are impressed with the photos I take )

It's a huge investment stepping up to d/slr's............
    I'm looking to broaden my shots with slr capibilities, high iso, tonal range etc......

I figure the T2i is worth the extra $100 + or - than the T1i....and then the Nikon D90 seems like the comparable model.......

basically I'm a photo nerd I always have a camera with me, shooting portraits..landscape..cityscape....macros....and surf

Images

For starters

You might want to lose the teleconverter. Typically their optics are second class, especially if they are an off-brand (non- prime manufacturer). It's always better to go with a bit more dinero for quality optics like Nikon and Canon and boost your investment in the focal length. You'll be happy you did. Few people can afford to buy a complete system at the outset, you have to build it slowly. Just know that when you buy into a system. . . you BUY into a system because it's difficult to change systems in mid-stream.

For the record, "$100 is chump change when talking about photographic investments."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Behind The Sun View Post
    I'm not in the expense bracket of 2k+ cameras.....but I have a question in two cameras I'm looking to decide on...
    Canon Rebel T2i.....or......Nikon D90?

any insight?
    i have the d90, its sick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mexsurfer; Sep 12, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i have the d90, its sick
    Cool photos, you can see my latest 2 with my T1i and 70 - 200mm on Surfline. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I posted them in the gallery here too.

I agree with MD all the way, the eye of the person behind the lens is much more important than the equipment is almost any case. Since I am a beginner and mainly got the camera for wildlife around the yard and our kids growing up, I went the Ti1 route. I also am lucky enough to have a brother-in-law that shoots Canon and weddings so I get to try out many of his lens.

Images

Ditto that

Nikon D200 w/ AF Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6, effective focal length, 500mm

Drex Harrington @ 46th St. OCM not long after the wind switched offshore from Hurricane Noel, Nov. 3 2007

Surfboard builder Jon Ashton at the Inlet, June of 2008.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Sep 13, 2010 at 12:37 AM.