LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to town

New to town

I am new to the area, I have been bodyboarding for 10 yrs. Was wondering if and when Igor would bring some clean rideable waves, and will a wetsuit be needed this time of the year. Thanks for any info

Images
    depends where you are some places early as thursday or late as sunday or monday

New in town

I am from the Gulf coast, Bradenton, I now live just outside of OC Md. Thank you for your reply

You won't need a wetsuit. Sleeves, maybe, depends on the wind (windchill if it is cloudy).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriOc View Post
    I am new to the area, I have been bodyboarding for 10 yrs. Was wondering if and when Igor would bring some clean rideable waves, and will a wetsuit be needed this time of the year. Thanks for any info
    I know of a web site that actually gives good forecasts for the upcoming surf conditions
    Ocean City, Maryland Surf Forecast

The water is warm, but depending on the air temp, you might want a spring suit. Definitely nothing more than a spring.

Yeah, if you had a wetsuit top, that'd prolly be best. Spring suit is ok, but if the wind is blowing a bit, the short sleeve thing makes it still feel a bit chill. But in the great perspective, it's still warmer to wear just trunks right now than the rubber you'll be putting on in 4 months.

Nada

I surfed like 4 hours straight last weekend and was barely chilly...you should be fine unless there's a windchill, in which case you'll still be fine, but if you have one of those nifty wetsuit top things, you'd be super comfy.

Wetsuits!...We don't need no stinkin' Wetsuits!!! ...lol

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I know of a web site that actually gives good forecasts for the upcoming surf conditions
    Ocean City, Maryland Surf Forecast

hahah i think ive heard of this site that you speak of

Just watch the swell, wind and weather charts and pick your spot. No wetsuit yet. Maybe a sharkskin or something on top. Some guys wear shortsleeve full 2ml suits most of the summer. Judge your own chill factor. When it comes to OCM area: theres always a period in October when one day its boardies the next day wetsuit. Have fun!
    Last edited by Alvin; Sep 14, 2010 at 07:40 AM.