LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to town

Images

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by SheriOc View Post
    I am new to the area, I have been bodyboarding for 10 yrs. Was wondering if and when Igor would bring some clean rideable waves, and will a wetsuit be needed this time of the year. Thanks for any info
    I am not trying to be a "super ****" as les freese would call me hahaha, but I would think that after ten years of bodyboarding you would think you would know the ocean enough to know the water temps and swells. It's insanely simple. You google atlantic water temperatures and find the temps for the whole east coast and then you realize that a long period swell (aka over 11 seconds) is going to create close outs in most spots. There is countless threads on this site about long period waves and water temperatures. If you even google a type of wetsuit you can figure out what temperature is acceptable for either a 3/2, a 4/3, a 4/5/3, or a 4/5/6 (or in your case a 2 mil or rash gay for the summer time). you have not been bodyboarding for ten years, you have been riding boogey boards for ten summers. LOOK AT YOUR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!! AKA NOAA!

Images
    and plus even if I am chilly bare skinned doesn't mean you will be chilly in a spring suit. You could be cold in a 4/3 when the water is 60 and I could bare it in a 3/2 bootless. It's all personal preference. Also, best luck, just call the local surf shop and ask for their opinion; they know the exact conditions and water temps because most likely they surf everyday.

Images

Simple

"Surf Naked."