LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chincoteague

chincoteague

anybody have any experience with chincoteague and know how the sand bars are? alot of sharks down there?

Spent the summer down there last year. Didn't surf it in hurricane surf, went further south for that, but it had some nice sand bars last year. Seems like the sand moves around a lot more down there. Never saw any sharks, but it feels sharkier. There is a lot of wildlife both in and out of the water. I was actually thinking about trying Chincoteague for this swell too. I don't have the time to get down to OBX on this one and it's killing me!

I love that place. there is miles of beach break and sandbars are around, just look. I got nice chest - head glassy barrels during danielle there, while everyone north and south got skunked. Looks like the winds are all wrong for chincoteague this weekend, fyi.

it looks like chincotegue has alot of little islands w/ shores that face south. might be better for this weekend than other more east facing beaches

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I got nice chest - head glassy barrels during danielle there, while everyone north and south got skunked.
    I don't remember getting skunked. But yeah, everyone go to Chincoteague so you dont get skunked. It'll be much better there, so you better go. Go. Go. What are you waiting for? Go.

Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    I don't remember getting skunked. But yeah, everyone go to Chincoteague so you dont get skunked. It'll be much better there, so you better go. Go. Go. What are you waiting for? Go.
    i doubt that the 4 people who actually go down to chincoteague will at all effect the swarm of idiots that you will have to deal with up there in... delaware? stay.STAY.STAY!!

Images
    once, last April I surfed there after a storm around 4pm and it was kind of foggy.
    When I got out i was disorineted and I began walking in the wrong direction - apparently i drifted south and not to the north while surfing. I walked for a while and never saw another person. It was pretty eerie.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    I don't remember getting skunked.
    We didnt get skunked by Danielle in MD either. That sunday morning/afternoon was one of the most fun sessions i had all summer. glassy, sunny, clear water, and waves you could just rip into.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    We didnt get skunked by Danielle in MD either. That sunday morning/afternoon was one of the most fun sessions i had all summer. glassy, sunny, clear water, and waves you could just rip into.
    I guess i used "skunked" a bit too loosely, what i meant was that other spots did not see the swell concentration and favorable conditions that I found in chincoteague that day.

Images
    chincoteague gets pretty sick, trust me. but sometimes it looks like its breaking a little weird, but you can always just walk up or down the beach and will eventually find a good spot, and it does not get crowded there. I surfed perfect chest to head waves with only like 5 other people in sight