LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Angry people at the mercy of a gov't gone "fowl"

having trouble embedding the video...so go here: http://vimeo.com/14696293 & watch it! then take some sort of positive action & make your voice heard!

the fact that this is STILL going on pisses me off...
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Sep 14, 2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: can't embed video...or i'm just an idiot...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    having trouble embedding the video...so go here: http://vimeo.com/14696293 & watch it! then take some sort of positive action & make your voice heard!

the fact that this is STILL going on pisses me off...
    Honestly, in my opinion the entire National Seashore should be closed to vehicle traffic. For anyone to completely disregard an avian species, who's only refuge is a few square miles, is arrogant. Do you have any idea how many toxic chemicals combustion engines utilize? Think of how much ends up on the beach. If your too lazy to hike a few miles, maybe you should stop eating hamburgers and hit the gym.
    Last edited by andrewk529; Sep 14, 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Images
    i suggest this thread is locked before another "motion vs mikeb" breaks out over politics

to save some lame bird that doesn't want to be there in the first place they kill the cats,foxes,raccoons,nutria and more

oh,and it was made for the people,the cape hatteras national seashore RECREATION area

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    i suggest this thread is locked before another "motion vs mikeb" breaks out over politics
    It's reality, there are hundreds of species negatively impacted by vehicle traffic on beaches; stop the car and walk! I am sure everyone could use the exercise.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    oh,and it was made for the people,the cape hatteras national seashore RECREATION area
    Why do you need to drive a 4-Wheel Drive on the beach to enjoy the outdoors?
    Last edited by andrewk529; Sep 14, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Images
    i agree with banning vehicles on the beach, but they shouldnt be shooting and trapping other predators

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    i agree with banning vehicles on the beach, but they shouldnt be shooting and trapping other predators
    From an ecological standpoint, humans need to mitigate the existential threats to preserve an endangered species. Read Peter Matthiessen's "Wind birds", it will open anyone's eyes.

http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Birds-Cur.../dp/1881527379
    Last edited by andrewk529; Sep 14, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

you can look it up,the first national seashore recreation area agreed to and given by the locals with the guarantee that access,driving and fishing would NEVER be restricted,so either give it back or leave them alone.