LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    237
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    you can look it up,the first national seashore recreation area agreed to and given by the locals with the guarantee that access,driving and fishing would NEVER be restricted,so either give it back or leave them alone.
    Well maybe we can just pave over the beach and put hotels up? Would that give the locals a better "recreational" experience? Check out the Endangered Species Act, Federal law usurps misguided local ordinances.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endangered_Species_Act
    Last edited by andrewk529; Sep 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330
    then volunteer to let the endangered species live on your crappy beach.
    the piping plover is not an endangered species,anyway.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    237
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    then volunteer to let the endangered species live on your crappy beach.
    the piping plover is not an endangered species,anyway.
    Yes, but there are other endangered species which reside or breed on the Outer Banks. The Plovers nest in a state park where I frequently surf; I am more than happy to let the species breed in peace. It is sad to see such a lack of respect of nature expressed by your ignorance.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330
    not misguided or local law.
    it was a written promise from conrad wirth,the national parks superintendent,in the local paper to the hatteras people,when they first established it in 1952.
    you don't know anything about hatteras,it's people, or the agreement.
    and there's no evidence that beach driving has anything to do with whatever your problem with these stupid birds is.
    go complain to england;they love to eat plover's eggs.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    237
    Images
    1
    Quite the contrary, I have studied the sociological history of the Outer Banks, as well as the ecology extensively. It doesn't require too much cognitive skill to infer driving a vehicle over a birds nest will undoubtedly destroy the eggs. Again, I invite you to research the migratory bird species ecology, before you make any assertions regarding their lives.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330
    i and hatteras people love nature,which is why we love hatteras,it is beautiful,but this particular problem is with the likes of you,unknowing,accusatory and interfering in something that is not a problem,except for blind environmental groups.
    thoreau,emerson,nature,the woods,the ocean,the beach,i grew up on the love of it,so just listen-you are totally wrong on this one.audubon himself would be on our side.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    470
    did mikeb set up a new account as andrewk?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    237
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    i and hatteras people love nature,which is why we love hatteras,it is beautiful,but this particular problem is with the likes of you,unknowing,accusatory and interfering in something that is not a problem,except for blind environmental groups.
    thoreau,emerson,nature,the woods,the ocean,the beach,i grew up on the love of it,so just listen-you are totally wrong on this one.audubon himself would be on our side.
    As a Biologist, I find it surprising individuals cannot associate vehicular traffic on the beach with environmental destruction.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,330
    no one's ever run over any nests there,either.
    if you were a hatteras local or hatteras lover you'd know.
    start your own sanctuary on your beach,and let theirs be,since it blows all others away,anyway,beach driving and all

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    237
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    no one's ever run over any nests there,either.
    if you were a hatteras local or hatteras lover you'd know.
    start your own sanctuary on your beach,and let theirs be,since it blows all others away,anyway,beach driving and all
    The situation is more complicated than nest destruction; behavior, and physiology are severely impacted by any perceived danger. Have you ever seen a plover egg? They are the size of a quarter and camouflaged.