LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltilt720 View Post
    ahahahah wow, timing is everything. Just posted from the Surfing Rulebook Twitter account-

    SURFINGRulebook 3:00pm
    Rule No. 689: Building a board rack in your living room establishes that you are very single.
    Well it's a good thing I bodyboard... I happily live with my hot girlfriend!

    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    screwing from behind sure is fun,,,,,, but i made one like that for my room out of like $100 of walnut planks and dows and it was super crappy, fell apart in months.

    The proper way is to angle at 45, run the dow ALL of the way through, and use a ton of glue. I learned this on the third try, but this one was made of pine scrap. This way the weight of the boards actually makes the connection stronger, rather than stressing on a screw in the back.
    Well however my step-dad constructed mine, it has held up for about 2 years now and from the picture, you can see what it can hold. Also, it holds snowboards.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ortley beach NJ
    Posts
    370
    Images
    45
    i made one out of some things i picked up at home depot for real cheap they are these things you twist into the wall and holds um real nice and padded to

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ortleysurfer View Post
    i made one out of some things i picked up at home depot for real cheap they are these things you twist into the wall and holds um real nice and padded to
    Can you elaborate or find the same product online to show?

  4. #14
    Yeah, looking for the same thing. Got a sweet MTB board from the 80's and has some great glassing artwork on it that I want to hang in our nursery. I definately need something secure. Anyone have any luck putting those ring screws into their ceiling and hanging some fancy, nice look rope down and hanging it that way? didn't know if straight up dry wall would support that or if I'd have to find a stud in the ceiling.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    905
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
    Yeah, looking for the same thing. Got a sweet MTB board from the 80's and has some great glassing artwork on it that I want to hang in our nursery. I definately need something secure. Anyone have any luck putting those ring screws into their ceiling and hanging some fancy, nice look rope down and hanging it that way? didn't know if straight up dry wall would support that or if I'd have to find a stud in the ceiling.
    I actually have the ring screws, but they're installed into a beam that goes across my ceiling (idk why its there). i have the board hanging from bungee cords looped around it, and they work great. id like them to be a little longer though because the board looks like its almost touching the ceiling

  6. Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd View Post
    Yeah, looking for the same thing. Got a sweet MTB board from the 80's and has some great glassing artwork on it that I want to hang in our nursery. I definately need something secure. Anyone have any luck putting those ring screws into their ceiling and hanging some fancy, nice look rope down and hanging it that way? didn't know if straight up dry wall would support that or if I'd have to find a stud in the ceiling.
    i have a 6'3'' hanging from my ceiling. idk i think a longboard might be a little heavy to support it if your not screwed in a beam.
    Last edited by speedfreaksdvd; Sep 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    905
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreaksdvd View Post
    i have a 6'3'' hanging from my ceiling. idk i think a longboard might be a little heavy to support it if your not screwed in a beam.
    mines 6'8" and fiberglass so its pretty heavy but idk about the longboard

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Wildwood ,Nj
    Posts
    3,015
    Images
    5
    I am getting these for my house

    http://www.thenicerack.com/

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I am getting these for my house

    http://www.thenicerack.com/
    im liking the t-shirt that shows up on the main screen.

  10. #20
    Just made these for my place. Will hold 3 longboards. Crappy pics, can't see the woodwork but has nice finish and edging. Real solid structure, padded supports to prevent board damage. Looks awesome. Might make a few and start selling them. Let me know if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (27.5 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (53.4 KB, 51 views)