LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfny View Post
    Just made these for my place. Will hold 3 longboards. Crappy pics, can't see the woodwork but has nice finish and edging. Real solid structure, padded supports to prevent board damage. Looks awesome. Might make a few and start selling them. Let me know if interested.
    How Much???

3 board racks could fetch $80-100. Might make some of the hardwood single board supports (more for display) from $40-50. Have to make a run to Home Depot tomorrow. Check out price of material. See what the demand for this kind of thing is in NC area..

http://phaseonesurf.com/surfboard-de...2fcffdd68d91ed

Tried the Hawaiian gun racks & several other types of horizontal & vertical board racks. They all look bulky & detract from the beauty of the stick, IMHO.

I bot 3 sets of the plexi (light-green-tint-to-clear) surfboard racks. Now have my longboards standing up in vertical on these racks walls of my office (we have converted space, very high ceilings). Looks super sweet. People always comment on the look in positive terms.

You can get these in vert or horiz. Point being, these clear plastic racks let the board take center stage without that bulky wall hook look from metal or wood racks.

If I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll put it on this thread.

Just got the Hawaiian gun rack, Nice rack and discreet, double rack fit's two boards snug. In my living room, one of the boards is my hot girlfriends...hmmm

Thanks for the pics using the ring screw. I didn't even think about hanging it upside down like that! I think that's the ticket. The MTB is a 6' 3" so it should definately hold i'd imagine with some dry wall plastic things you screw the screw into (it's 6 am and I completely drew a blank on what the heck they're called)

hawaiin gun rack is the hotness. I just ordered 2.

I can't think of what they are called, but...
    You could try using the type that you drill a hole in the ceiling for; then you push this through and the end that goes through the ceiling springs open to form sort of a T. Then you have the pressure of the cross piece holding up the board and not just the threads of a screw.

(sucks not knowing the name of the hardware, so hopefully I explained it well enough)

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    I can't think of what they are called, but...
    You could try using the type that you drill a hole in the ceiling for; then you push this through and the end that goes through the ceiling springs open to form sort of a T. Then you have the pressure of the cross piece holding up the board and not just the threads of a screw.

(sucks not knowing the name of the hardware, so hopefully I explained it well enough)
    toggle bolt

9. Thank you guys for all the good ideas

Unhappy

So check it out,I just got done with a sesh a few hours ago.I usually keep my long board on the rack.As soon as I walk away,I hear a smash.Longboard is now on ground.Damaged nose.Pretty new and expensive board.The screws popped out of the wall.Total bummer man.