LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check this boater out...

I went up to the shark river inlet in Belmar on my lunch break on Friday during Earl and I caught this guy wave hopping right in the inlet. By himself, no life jacket on, but he did have some sort of turbin/oversized handkerchief wrapped around his head?? He was just cruising up and down wave faces pretty casually for the half-hour that I watched him...I didn't hear anything about a drowning so I assume he made it through his session.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shackedNJ View Post
    I went up to the shark river inlet in Belmar on my lunch break on Friday during Earl and I caught this guy wave hopping right in the inlet. By himself, no life jacket on, but he did have some sort of turbin/oversized handkerchief wrapped around his head?? He was just cruising up and down wave faces pretty casually for the half-hour that I watched him...I didn't hear anything about a drowning so I assume he made it through his session.
    hahaha i dont think ive ever seen that before. in the barnegat light inlet in LBI there are always Jet-Skiers riding waves though

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shackedNJ View Post

hahahah love the picture names. to each his own though, he probably had a blast

lol-yeah I can't hate on him...he was definately enjoying himself and he attracted a nice crowd too

I would've loved to be out there on a ski tho, that could be a blast

Images
    Ahhh he should be in that slab haha

i heard about this, apparently the coast guard did not like it and ended up fining him?? dont know the specifics some other guys in the lineup told me about it. funny to see the pics

Images
    i dont think theres any law preventing that as long as he wasnt near the beach with people in the water. they could have given him a warning, but i doubt he got fined. i watch guys on skis jump/ride waves in the inlet right infront of the CG

Images
    holy crap that looks soooo fun

Quote Originally Posted by ortleysurfer View Post
    holy crap that looks soooo fun
    yeah, until the boat fills with water, then he would look like a complete jackass!

way to break your boat...and ass in half hahaha.....I was out there around 5 on that day, saw a crowd by the inlet and thought nothing of it, wonder if it was this dude