LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    There may be bigger long period swells out there, that the buoy output that we read doesn't shot, because the consistency of the front part of this swell is very low.
    i just got back from the beach (DE) and while there is tons of S chop, you can see the long period stuff every couple minutes. Nothing much more than waist high for the long PD stuff, and the chop is just insane...must be blowing 20 sideshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Monmouth doesn't have an issue picking up south windswells.
    true.. what i meant was it would likely be bigger south w/ the groundswell mixed in. buoy at 4.9ft @ 4.5 so it's def not showing igor yet.

Images
    if you look at the details of the buoy, you will see the breakdown of total wave height, and swell height / wind wave height. These categories are important in analyzing multiple concurrent swells.

I'm interested to see how the long period swell tomorrow interacts with decently strong windswell tomorrow. Will it just be steep angle south swell with longer closed out lines every so often? or will they combine to make better conditions?

Images
    Just got out of the water in Hatteras, def shoulder+ already. Hope the wind is good tomorrow!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
    I'm interested to see how the long period swell tomorrow interacts with decently strong windswell tomorrow. Will it just be steep angle south swell with longer closed out lines every so often? or will they combine to make better conditions?
    A lot of times, the more angled swell (s wind swell), will help break up the long lines... creating more peaky conditions.