LOGIN | REGISTER

Booties and Gloves

I'd like some recommendations for gloves and booties(thickness and brands) for surfing delmarva from beginning of march to early december. any help would be appreciated. thanx.

B and G

5 mm mitts
    7mm boots
    Rip Curl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    5 mm mitts
    7mm boots
    Agreed.

Agreed

In fact, the 7 mil booties and 5 mil gloves should do you right even through January and February. That's what I have worn for years. I wear Rip Curl, too, and they have lasted me a long time.

Images
    And IMO, its better to err on the side of warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by andytime65 View Post
    I'd like some recommendations for gloves and booties(thickness and brands) for surfing delmarva from beginning of march to early december. any help would be appreciated. thanx.
    Since the beginning of March through early December does not include the coldest months you'd probably be better off with 5mm booties and 3mm 5 finger gloves (I like XCel)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Since the beginning of March through early December does not include the coldest months you'd probably be better off with 5mm booties and 3mm 5 finger gloves (I like XCel)
    agreed..if you arent surfing january and february then 5 mil split toe booties will be warm enough for DE/MD and arent as clumsy.

And IMO, its better to err on the side of warmer.
    I agree. Plus I have 5mm and 7mm booties, and the 7's don't feel any clumsier to me.