LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Igor...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    What I wouldn't give to drag my a$$ in that left... brown tide, red tide, poo water... whatever!
    second that, brother... That A frame could be in a nuclear cooling water tank and I would still charge it

  2. #22
    I thought igor was way better than Danielle...and about even with earl. maybe i was just at the perfect spot. wish i had some pictures..

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,356
    lookin pretty brown to me...

    s wind swell coming from a big rain storm the night before.. waht do you expect?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    I just got out after 3 hours. Hopefully I don't end up with the f*cking swine flu again.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I just got out after 3 hours. Hopefully I don't end up with the f*cking swine flu again.
    Hi SB,

    I too live in Ocean and my homebreak is LA. Have you gotten sick at LA or Deal/AH/Asbury? Is it the pipe that runs under the jetty emptying from Deal Lake - can that be the source? Or is it coming from NY/shipping lanes? Any agreement or confirmation on the source. Is the water quality effected after rain similar to LA and San Diego. I see that Surfrider is attempting to compile data on water quality and surfer's health/sickness occurances. Scary stuff - thanks for any info. (Hate naming my spot).

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Friday am was fun - real peak-y - but also some small mini-barrels - got covered up a few times, fun crouching head-dips. Something was in the water though, literally. It was brown and smelled like a sewage plant. I guess thats what happens when it doesn't rain for a month then torrential downpours all night. Oh well. by Saturday am couldn't get out of bed all day, missed the entire rest of the swell, still feeling not 100%
    That's most likely sewage. During heavy rains many sewage collection systems get overwhelmed by rain and wind up dumping raw sewage into our local waters. Human poo will make you sick brother. Keep an eye on it and go to your doctor if you don't get better.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnxyz View Post
    Hi SB,

    I too live in Ocean and my homebreak is LA. Have you gotten sick at LA or Deal/AH/Asbury? Is it the pipe that runs under the jetty emptying from Deal Lake - can that be the source? Or is it coming from NY/shipping lanes? Any agreement or confirmation on the source. Is the water quality effected after rain similar to LA and San Diego. I see that Surfrider is attempting to compile data on water quality and surfer's health/sickness occurances. Scary stuff - thanks for any info. (Hate naming my spot).
    Hey, you're not really naming your spot so I wouldn't worry. I have surfed every beach you mentioned, plus Bradley and OG. I've only gotten sick from Deal and AH (which coincidently border each other). It definitely seems to be affected by run-off after we have storms. Even today though, after it hasn't rained in days, the water in that same area smelled weird. I really hope Surfrider does something with their data. I've reported the spot / town every time I've gotten sick.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,356
    runoff is runoff and there is nothing going to change w/ that...

    you surfed 3 hrs today? it's lookin pretty small, no?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County.
    Posts
    573
    Images
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    I thought igor was way better than Danielle...and about even with earl. maybe i was just at the perfect spot. wish i had some pictures..
    I have to agree, Friday morning was the best session ive had in awhile.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    runoff is runoff and there is nothing going to change w/ that...

    you surfed 3 hrs today? it's lookin pretty small, no?
    It was waist-high where I was until about 1pm. Some spots sucked and some spots were working. Luckily all the report sites under-forecast it, so I had the whole break to myself!