LOGIN | REGISTER

Sea Shepherd Super Fish

Has anyone checked that board out? What do you think?

I think the show is fun to watch, not sure i'd want a board with the big logo on it though. I rented a 7S fish in Costa Rica and it was a lot of fun to ride. I would've bought it and brought it back but the shop wanted $700 for it. No thanks.

here is a pic
    Last edited by StuckinVA; Sep 22, 2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: add pic

chinese made piece of crap w/ a semi-ironic graphic on the bottom.

talk to a local shaper about making you something similar if you liked it that much. va. beach has a ton of great foam scrapers & there are even more w/in a short drive (nolte, busby, & allison spring to mind).

7s does make a pretty decent board, I recommend them for beginners. It wont get you onto any magazine covers or anything, but they ARE just about indestructible. $700 is a joke though, like ^ said, local shapers will gladly replicate any big name or pro model board, and usually at a fraction of the price. He11, it might even have your name written on the bottom.

I recently purchased a board from R&K surfshop in Va Beach because it was almost identical to 7S 5'9" fish and I only paid 350 for it. The thing is amazing (made by creative design surfboard shapes) of which I have never heard of and cant find any info on the web either.
    Surf and Adventure in Sandbridge stock some of 7s boards also; not sure what size youre looking for.

Bottom line is a good board is a good board no matter who makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    but they ARE just about indestructible. $700 is a joke though
    in my experience (working at a shop & all), these seem to come in much more frequently then other boards for blown plugs...i have never seen so many blown or cracked fcs plugs as i have w/ the 7S boards. the chinamen doing the install must be retarded or something.