LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

longboard brands

so i have a longboard of my own, i picked it up at the local shop, and i absolutely love it but this was when i was first starting to surf about five or six years ago and i never really researched the product. so a friend of mine approached me at school asking what brand longboard he should get, a handshaped on, no pop-out's allowed, and i drew a blank, so i told him i'd put in a post on swellinfo. i need some help, any solid brands?

Images
    Walden magic model wtf

Yea Waldens are nice boards. Patagonia has a nice nose rider. Surftech has some nice boards.

Quote Originally Posted by gnargnar View Post
    so i have a longboard of my own, i picked it up at the local shop, and i absolutely love it but this was when i was first starting to surf about five or six years ago and i never really researched the product. so a friend of mine approached me at school asking what brand longboard he should get, a handshaped on, no pop-out's allowed, and i drew a blank, so i told him i'd put in a post on swellinfo. i need some help, any solid brands?

I think Tyler Hatzikian makes some killer boards:

http://tylersurfboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    I think Tyler Hatzikian makes some killer boards:

http://tylersurfboards.com/

Yea his boards are awesome..singlefin yellow

Stewart Hydroglide...single fin. absolutely love it in any size surf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanticsurf View Post
    Yea Waldens are nice boards. Patagonia has a nice nose rider. Surftech has some nice boards.
    did you read his post? no popouts! patagonia is the only one of the 3 you listed that isn't foreign-made crappola.

check out austin in va beach, tim nolte & scott busby in nc, & brian wynn in nj. then there's the big names, like bing, takayama, harbor, pearson arrow...there are literally as many quality longboard brands as shortboard.

Donald Takayama seams to be a legend. i hear great things about his boards and has a cool site.
    http://www.hawaiianprodesigns.com/

I spoke to Brian Winn..really cool guy and seems honest....he actually talked me out of paying an extra $50 for a wild color scheme and just go with plain white(cheaper).
    has come cool looking boards.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...4562268?ref=ts

I rode a 10'4 Jimmy Lewis in Waikiki last month that can catch a ripple if you threw a rock.

Images
    wait i thought it was Wynn not WINN

Images
    I have ridden different types of longboards performance 2+1 setups , Single fin performance , Noseriders and Old school logs.

It depends what they wanna do on a log and what they wanna spend

Bing has been around for a long time and they have work with David Nuuhiwa and Donald Takayammi in the 60's and today with shapers like Chris Del Moro and Matt Calvani.

They pretty much draw the line in longboard design.

Brian wynn make a good log but a little to light for me . I just like my boards heavy and I am sure if I wanted one heavy he could do it but I bought a board off the self of his so it got his standard glass job.

Jim at Legend Surfboards make great boards from short to long you cant go wrong with a board made by him . Great Quality and I can say enough good things about jim and his boards.

And then there is the High dollars boards like Cooperfish. Gene has been makeing boards for a long time and is taking longboards to new places. His boards a working peices of art . Even his Coopdesigns line of boards are off the chart

It really boils down to how much you wanna spend

You can get a 500 dollar pop out or spend 2500 dollars on the top of the line Cooperfish