LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'm also thinking of getting a new board with I think similar concerns. I presently have an epoxy Magic Model 8'0 and a 9'0 Pearcson Arrow. I like the Pearrson Arrow much better. The epoxy boards feel too light and floaty to me, the PA has a much better feel to it, though it has is a twin fin set up, with no option for 1+2 or single. I'd like to have a single fin set up for a stable gliding/trimming and eventually noseriding.

In anycase i want to go longer, probably 9'6 or 9'4. I mostly surf Indian River Inlet, and am thinking about and would dig any feedback on

Yater Spoon and Bing

I was also wondering about Donald Takyama but was somehow under the impression his boards were hard to get.

I know Yater Spoons are readilly availible Bing I have not seen except by order on the internet.

Thanks for any thoughts

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lalit View Post
    I'm also thinking of getting a new board with I think similar concerns. I presently have an epoxy Magic Model 8'0 and a 9'0 Pearcson Arrow. I like the Pearrson Arrow much better. The epoxy boards feel too light and floaty to me, the PA has a much better feel to it, though it has is a twin fin set up, with no option for 1+2 or single. I'd like to have a single fin set up for a stable gliding/trimming and eventually noseriding.

In anycase i want to go longer, probably 9'6 or 9'4. I mostly surf Indian River Inlet, and am thinking about and would dig any feedback on

Yater Spoon and Bing

I was also wondering about Donald Takyama but was somehow under the impression his boards were hard to get.

I know Yater Spoons are readilly availible Bing I have not seen except by order on the internet.

Thanks for any thoughts
    I have a cpl Bings and I am happy about them the NR2 and the Elevator are the ones I have and they perform really well for me. Becareful not to get a Surftech copy of a Bing or Yater , Takyama's you can still find aswell

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    If you are in Howell you've got a excellent longboard shaper right next door in Wall. Tom Mahady of Mahady surfboards, http://www.mahadysurfboards.com/ http://mahadysurfboards.blogspot.com/
    Prices are very reasonable. He just got a contract with Corky Caroll to make boards for his surf camp. Corky was five time US overall surfing champion, three times international professional champion, international big wave champion and named the number one surfer in the world by surfer magazine back in his day. He is also considered by many to be the first professional surfer. Pretty good validation for a NJ shaper if you ask me. He's shipping boards from NJ to the surf camp in Mexico.
    I stopped by Mahady's shaping shack yesterday and saw the 2nd board he made for Corky. So sweet. Tom is a top notch craftsman and has a true understanding of how to make the right board for the surfer and wave conditions. Nice guy too, totally stoked on surfing.

~Brian

www.greenlightsurfsupply.com