LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanticsurf View Post
    What about the surftech models by Takyama, Joel Tudor, G&S, Harbour, etc. those are all "pop outs"?
    Yes all fakes that Surftech makes by buying right to use there name in return they get a % of the $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
    ok big guy....didn't mean to offend anyone but there is more than one Brian making surfboards in NJ.
    there is Brian Wynn http://www.wynnsurfboards.com/

and Brian Winn http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robbin...s/122914562268

so Brian Wynn seems to make some great stuff so i'll definitely be giving him a call when i'm ready but have anyone heard of the other Brian? (Winn)?

sorry for the mix up guys

no one's offended...i've seen so many different spellings of wynn on here that it boggles my mind. & besides, i was replying to ND081, who asked, "i thought it was wynn, not winn?" given that it's likely many more people know about wynn's boards than winn's boards, my response was legitimate & reasonable.

btw, it boggles the mind that, after several pop-out related threads on here, there are still questions asked regarding what constitutes a pop-out. also, jeff walden puts planer to foam about as frequently as al merrick or greg webber.

Quote Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
    ok big guy....didn't mean to offend anyone but there is more than one Brian making surfboards in NJ.
    there is Brian Wynn http://www.wynnsurfboards.com/

and Brian Winn http://www.facebook.com/pages/Robbin...s/122914562268

have anyone heard of the other Brian? (Winn)?

sorry for the mix up guys
    It took me about 15 seconds on the facebook link you posted to find out that the guy is Brandon Winn.
    Brandon Winn
    bcw@bcwinn.com
    Last edited by scotty; Sep 25, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no one's offended...i've seen so many different spellings of wynn on here that it boggles my mind. & besides, i was replying to ND081, who asked, "i thought it was wynn, not winn?" given that it's likely many more people know about wynn's boards than winn's boards, my response was legitimate & reasonable.

btw, it boggles the mind that, after several pop-out related threads on here, there are still questions asked regarding what constitutes a pop-out. also, jeff walden puts planer to foam about as frequently as al merrick or greg webber.

Guess I missed the MEMO. I am, however, very impressed that you personally know how often they put a planer to foam...long time friends or just intuition? Either way extraordinarily impressive

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post

first of all dirtyjersey, it seems you are the one with the spelling mistakes. its steve walden, not jeff. and i believe if we're talking longboards, you would be referring to dewey weber, not greg webber, as he does not shape longboards. but i guess you did get al merrick right, 1 out of 3 ain't bad. and unless you actually know the shapers, maybe you shouldn't assume how much time these big name guys actually put into shaping the foam.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadhead View Post
    first of all dirtyjersey, it seems you are the one with the spelling mistakes. its steve walden, not jeff. and i believe if we're talking longboards, you would be referring to dewey weber, not greg webber, as he does not shape longboards. but i guess you did get al merrick right, 1 out of 3 ain't bad. and unless you actually know the shapers, maybe you shouldn't assume how much time these big name guys actually put into shaping the foam.
    nope, i was referring to greg webber, who, like walden, august, merrick, & several others, sold out to surftech & boardworks in the name of the almighty dollar. dewey weber was a legend & never sold out.
    & considering i actually work in the industry & deal w/ these guys on a daily basis, i am uniquely qualified to comment on who's mowing foam & who isn't. walden ain't mowing too much foam these days.

& you got me on walden...i made a mistake. i'm human, so it shouldn't be a shock. how 'bout you don't jump down my throat for having an opinion now? like i said, no one seems to be getting offended here except you.

waterhog

Good bet for actually catching waves is the CI Waterhog. Selection in various lengths....

Todd Proctor also makes some good shapes.

Images
    Actually there is a Jeff Walden he owns Ocean Outfitters Surf shop in WWC. He also carries Walden Surfboards

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Actually there is a Jeff Walden he owns Ocean Outfitters Surf shop in WWC. He also carries Walden Surfboards
    yea, this is who i was thinking of...either way, i referenced the wrong walden. whatever, it's no big (at least to me...)

njsurfer has a lot of knowledge and insight,and seems to really mean well and adds a lot to this site,like lbcrew,but as he refreshingly admitted once you corrected him,he is an imperfect human being.he does have a condescending always right know everything insulting tone,unless you agree with every single thing he says.he comes across like he seems to think he has everything all figured out,and if you disagree watch out.lbcrew runs a close second.my sin is i'm often wrong,annoying and write too much. i don't know everything,but i probably sound like i think i know it all,too.he is right again,though,walden and webber is crap,buy hand-shaped custom if you can.i like bing and harbour.but In The Eye is our east coast master genius shaper.