LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And no I don't own a firewire because I proudly buy American, and support the little guy, even if its sometimes an inferior product in some ways.

If it wasn't for a backyard-started shaper named Brett Burger firewire wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by WaveHog; Sep 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Images
    I rode a few and just like with everyother pop out I ever tried I wasnt impressed but it due to they dont fit my style of surfing . I am not a "ripper" at all . I prefer to glide , Smooth clean lines are my thing LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHog View Post
    I'm just saying if you aren't comparing apples to apples then don't compare. Say you liked the board without dogging the maker of a board that you were on thats 10 years old. Boards naturally lose their speed over time.
    I didn't dog anyone just said that the Firewire was faster than my Stewart. Man a guy can't have an opinion on here. I like the board, that's it. I hope gnargnar gets the board that fits his style and ability if it's a FireWire or a custom made JC, an CI or even a Stewart which I had for 10 years and loved every ride on.

Best regards,
    Dean

this is the kind of review I like, this makes me want to get this board, and I'm goin to

Dumb@@@es

Not everyone wants to waste thier hard earned money on inferior products. Just so they can say I support the little guy! Actually I think thats the dumbest thing I have ever read.
    And Matt your opinion doesnt count why bash something that you admit to know nothing about he wasnt asking for a review on a gliding long board he was asking on a review on a HPSB and you dont know anything about that so why chime in with a narrow minded pop outs are trash. Almost every where in the world I have been I have came across someone on a firewire and most of them ripped and when I asked how the like the board all said awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHog View Post
    And no I don't own a firewire because I proudly buy American, and support the little guy, even if its sometimes an inferior product in some ways.

If it wasn't for a backyard-started shaper named Brett Burger firewire wouldn't exist.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    Not everyone wants to waste thier hard earned money on inferior products. Just so they can say I support the little guy! Actually I think thats the dumbest thing I have ever read.
    And Matt your opinion doesnt count why bash something that you admit to know nothing about he wasnt asking for a review on a gliding long board he was asking on a review on a HPSB and you dont know anything about that so why chime in with a narrow minded pop outs are trash. Almost every where in the world I have been I have came across someone on a firewire and most of them ripped and when I asked how the like the board all said awesome!!!
    If you think a CNC shaped board made by someone who know Jack Squat about surfing is a quality board then that your opinon . If you read my other post you would have seen that I tried a few and that I didnt not like them . And second of all "Gliding" dont stop with just longboards either. I have ridden all types of boards from Balsa logs the HPSB as you call them . I have also dabbles in handplanes and Alania's as well . So for you to post with out knowing who you are taking to makes you a tool.

Yes all Pop outs are trash if you wanna support that "soul less" cloud that lingers around surfing industry then go right ahead . I rather spend my money on a board that is made by someone who surfs not some goober sitting in front of a CNC throwning blanks in and pushing a button and walking to let the CNC do the work.
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Sep 27, 2010 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bauer View Post
    There are American made/little guy made products that are just as nice or better than firewires, and you can order them custom which is far better than getting a popout made for taj burrow.

Unfortunately a lot of you guys just buy whatever is marketed to you without researching other options. Keep feeding the hype while the guys who have driven the innovation and the industry for years starve.
    Last edited by WaveHog; Sep 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Where the board is made or how it is constructed doesnt meant anything compared to how it feels when you ride it. If your comfortable on the board than awesome. If not try something else.

For me, i love my flexfire direct drive. Fastest most responsive board i have ever ridden, and super durable.

I rode my friends dominator and liked it . he wants me to buy it so he can get one of aviso trunkboards. probally will . wish i could test the aviso but @ 1300$ . ouch!

dont get stuck in the old age.....i was ordering customs from a few diff 'backyard' shapers ...california and east coast...and i totally understand the whole support your local or american-made surfboard thing...but why cant these guys just get the machines/computers and start doin it themselves...and we can still support them....i started paying more for my boards and getting mostly rustys and i also have 1 channel island....boards are just getting better and better...and if u can go and order the SAME EXACT board through a computer and i just broke my other one that i loved...then why not?? ive been surfing better then ever on these boards (rusty gtr, rusty redline, and CI dumpster diver) ...dont think ill ever go back to ordering from these other guys...boards just dont work the same and there is a huge difference..dont get soo stuck on one thing..dont be afraid of change....its going in a good direction..just wish it could all stay within the US....but for me..im willing to pay more for a board that works amazing and fits my style...and i loved my one rusty gtr so much..i ordered the same exacct board....and yea im sure they are all popouts these days..but who cares..it gets it down to the exact dimensions...