LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

VA BEACH Shapers?

new to the vb area....wondering if anyone has got any experience/feedback with the local shapers around here. any recommendations are appreciated! I'd rather buy local than get a big name company board

Northender Guest
    Bill Frierson, hes been shapping for a while. He shaped my dad a surfboard when he was growing up and now hes who I buy from. He made me a killer 5'9" single fin, and now hes shapping me a 5'6" 5 fin halfmoon. Cant wait to get it, I know hes gonna do a great job

shaper

Yo dude i'm located in vb and i've been making custom boards for people, been doing it for about a year.. i'm def not pro but i do pretty well i think. I'd be happy to shape you something, and my boards are super cheap like 350 for a standard 6'0 thruster. Check out my website if you're interested: http://sovereignboardco.webs.com/

You've also got bill like that guy said, he's the man if you're looking for something super nice. Some other guys are Ron Mellot (757-644-9829) who's awesome too but pretty much underground and kinda sketchy. Then there's two guys at this place called Fibercraft (757-425-6025) right behind bills shop that'll do custom stuff for ya.

Ha ha Ron Mellot... glad he is still around. Got to appreciate a shaper whose board prices vary on whether or not alcohol is brought to the shop... Back in the day he didn't do shortboard shapes or at least not performance type stuff. Underground? Yup... Sketchy? Maybe.. did good work for me... An VB and East Coast classic? Most assuredly!

Images
    austin is in your area make great boards

http://www.austinsurfboards.com/

Austin Saunders (Austin Surfboards) does great work, does not cut corners in his shaping, glassing and finish work. Honest, straight-up guy.

def Austin Saunders....honest business guy & passionate about surfing ....

thanks for all the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Ha ha Ron Mellot... glad he is still around. Got to appreciate a shaper whose board prices vary on whether or not alcohol is brought to the shop... Back in the day he didn't do shortboard shapes or at least not performance type stuff. Underground? Yup... Sketchy? Maybe.. did good work for me... An VB and East Coast classic? Most assuredly!

Ha yeah oh don't get me wrong he'll make a sick board, and i have to agree with you there. Austin does a mean longboard.

Quote Originally Posted by sjserpe View Post
    Yo dude i'm located in vb and i've been making custom boards for people, been doing it for about a year.. i'm def not pro but i do pretty well i think. I'd be happy to shape you something, and my boards are super cheap like 350 for a standard 6'0 thruster. Check out my website if you're interested: http://sovereignboardco.webs.com/
    hey man, i checked out the photo gallery on your website but didn't see any pix of completed boards. do you have any you could post? thanks