LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone have any experience with Mike Dolsey (sp?) in Norfolk? Somebody recommended him to me, I may be looking to get a fish shaped for me soon.

for sure

here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images

sjserpe , you got any extra foam you want to sell or know of anywhere or anyone i can buy from with out paying for shipping .

Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    sjserpe , you got any extra foam you want to sell or know of anywhere or anyone i can buy from with out paying for shipping .
    yeah this guy at sea level surf supply (757) 491 2711 has thousands of blanks for sale in his shop near seatac rec center if you're in vb, and you can talk to the factory that supplies WRV (wrvfactory@gmail.com) they're a little harder to get ahold of an you usually end up getting reject blanks cuz all the wrv guys get the solid ones.

alright cool , do you know if i can just drive up to the sea level surf supply or do i need to call a head

Quote Originally Posted by sjserpe View Post
    here you go
    thanks for posting those. cool that you guys are shaping your dreams and defining your own reality. props.

Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    A friend of mine shaped his own board for kite surfing a couple of years ago and got his materials foam, resin, etc... from Austin (Austin Surfboards). I would give him a call at his shop. He's typically there on Friday and Saturday.

check out Frierson Designs

Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    new to the vb area....wondering if anyone has got any experience/feedback with the local shapers around here. any recommendations are appreciated! I'd rather buy local than get a big name company board
    I agree with the earlier posts suggesting Bill Frierson. I just picked up a long board he shaped for me and it is beautiful! He's from the area and also has experience around the world. Great guy who will sit down with you and discuss what you want and will shape a board that will work in this area given your experience and abilities. You can't go wrong. Good luck!

Mike Dolsy boards

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Mike Dolsey (sp?) in Norfolk? Somebody recommended him to me, I may be looking to get a fish shaped for me soon.
    I could be wrong, but the only boards I've ever heard about associated with Mike Dolsey are Far East pop out's. He runs a warehouse in Norfolk and advertises his boards on Craigslist for $250+ I know he's from this area, but I've never heard of a legitimtaely hand shaped board that was glassed around here. Again, I could be wrong. See the attached link.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/spo/1976020488.html

After some research on a 'new to the area' shaper up here in DE, I came across this website for ordering chinese pop-outs. Looks like that guy is doing the same thing. And actually, the so-called shaper up here is from the VB area and doing the same thing as far selling them cheap on craigslist, they probably know each other.

the company:
    http://surfboardcn.en.alibaba.com/

the "shaper":
    http://delaware.craigslist.org/spo/1912021520.html