LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

vulnerable hurricane cities

Interesting article posted on weather.com today
    Top 5 Hurricane Vulnerable & Overdue Cities

I would have to say that storm surge in NYC has to be the scariest scenario. Also, for my fellow Delawareans, storm surge up the Delaware Bay or Chesapeake Bay would be devastating. My former professor, and Delaware state climatologist, always talked about the Delaware dooms day scenario of a major hurricane moving up the Delaware Bay.

I would have though OCMD would be on that list given how narrow it is.

Images
    I'd bet cash money that Savannah isn't hit any time soon.

Savannah is buffered by barrier islands, but a storm surge could easily flood the city via numerous inland waterways that literally surround the city. Parts of the city are pretty low, too, and prone to flooding due to an old and inadequate drainage system.

That would be sad... what a beautiful city...

Hurricane Agnes came of the Chesapeake Bay June of 1972, for an early storm was a C-4/C-5. OC was spared but not the Bay, DC or PA. Lee at Malibu has a picture on the wall of the waves, flat, long lines of 6' - 8' footers blown up by off shore winds.

Images
    wow surprised Wildwood isnt on there that place flood during High tide when there is a full moon and dont get me started about when Nor easter hits you better have a canoe to get to wawa

Images
    ya, I think the article looks at the more populated areas, which could cause Katrina type scenarios.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Savannah is buffered by barrier islands, but a storm surge could easily flood the city via numerous inland waterways that literally surround the city. Parts of the city are pretty low, too, and prone to flooding due to an old and inadequate drainage system.

That would be sad... what a beautiful city...
    I'm saying I don't think any storm would get close enough. Definitely a nice city though, that hopefully never has to find out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Interesting article posted on weather.com today
    Top 5 Hurricane Vulnerable & Overdue Cities

I would have to say that storm surge in NYC has to be the scariest scenario. Also, for my fellow Delawareans, storm surge up the Delaware Bay or Chesapeake Bay would be devastating. My former professor, and Delaware state climatologist, always talked about the Delaware dooms day scenario of a major hurricane moving up the Delaware Bay.
    To my knowledge Delaware has never been directly impacted by a hurricane.The Delaware Bay scenario would be unprecedented correct? I know major hurricanes have moved up the Chesapeake.

kansas

it woulk suck if kansas got hit!