LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    5/4 XCel Drylock (2012)
    4/3 and 3/2 O'Neill Psycho 2's (about 4 years old - time for new ones soon)

I absolutely love the Xcel... Warmest I've ever been in the winter and was broken in after 1 session. The Psychos are awesome suits as well. The other companies are catching up but to me the O'Neill rubber is the most advanced as far as weight/warmth/flexibility go. That's not to say they are the absolute best suits but their rubber is ridiculously stretchy.

My main complaint about ALL wetsuits and their manufacturers is their sizing. I am 6-4, 230 lbs and am an XL in everything and a 36 long... I take a 3XL wetsuit. My XCEL fits great but the tag claims to be sized to fit up to 6-6 260... NO WAY. Same with the O'Neills. I realize most surfers are little gnats (no offense - it definitely helps to be smaller in the water most of the time) but come on... Plus... people on the whole are getting bigger anyway so it would behoove the wetsuit companies to size up... Rant over. Waves for Jersey tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience/opinions will billabong wetsuits? im looking into getting the Billabong Mens 5mm Foil (C-Zip 2012)
    thanks for any info

So we are in mid-late January. Anyone have any updates on their new purchases? Particularly an F-Bomb reports? Looking at a few new winter suits since mine is shot and have had my eye on the RC F-bomb/e-bomb and the Quiksilver Cypher. I know it's been flat for a while, but, someone must be out paddling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    So we are in mid-late January. Anyone have any updates on their new purchases? Particularly an F-Bomb reports? Looking at a few new winter suits since mine is shot and have had my eye on the RC F-bomb/e-bomb and the Quiksilver Cypher. I know it's been flat for a while, but, someone must be out paddling around.
    The most extreme example with my E-Bomb 5/4 I have is from late December (16 degree air, low 40s water, howling W winds) I was surfing a beach south of Portland, ME for three or so hours and I never shivered once, never felt restricted. Highly recommended. I even picked up an 3/2 E-Bomb because I like it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kielsun View Post
    The most extreme example with my E-Bomb 5/4 I have is from late December (16 degree air, low 40s water, howling W winds) I was surfing a beach south of Portland, ME for three or so hours and I never shivered once, never felt restricted. Highly recommended. I even picked up an 3/2 E-Bomb because I like it so much.
    Thanks. Happy to hear that. I was actually looking pretty hard at the 5.5/4.5. I am still looking at the possibility of doing a quality 4/3 and grabbing a vest/hood combo for winter. Think I'd cover late fall, winter and early spring with that setup in NJ. But I really do like the thought of not shivering after a few hours of go time. Years ago I would just deal with a 4/3 straight thru the winter and be unable to move by the time I got out of the water. Getting to be a bit of a puss as I am getting older and value my warmth a bit more now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    Thanks. Happy to hear that. I was actually looking pretty hard at the 5.5/4.5. I am still looking at the possibility of doing a quality 4/3 and grabbing a vest/hood combo for winter. Think I'd cover late fall, winter and early spring with that setup in NJ. But I really do like the thought of not shivering after a few hours of go time. Years ago I would just deal with a 4/3 straight thru the winter and be unable to move by the time I got out of the water. Getting to be a bit of a puss as I am getting older and value my warmth a bit more now!
    The suit is super flexible. You will hardly notice the extra bit of rubber movement-wise and you'll be happy to have it warmth-wise!

Sweeeet. I was concerned about the 5.5/4.5 being a little more restrictive due to the added rubber. Also didn't know if it was overkill for NJ. Was really considering the most versatile setup that I can pull off, hence a good 4/3 for fall/spring and maybe adding a hooded vest for the extra insulation for winter. Still have some homework to do, and this thread is making the decision all the more complicated. BUT, knowing that the e-bomb is nice and toasty does make me feel pretty good about it.

So i wore my 4/3 buell for the 1st time yesterday....yew let me tell you.... it felt like i was wearing a 2mm comp fullsuit. the most comfortable, stretchiest suit i ever wore. no water penetration and warm. GET A BUELL.

WWW.BUELLWETSUITS.COM

Love my new 5/4 ebomb, don't even notice the extra rubber, super stretchy, and super warm, i recommend it. But on a day like yesterday it was a little too warm, don't know if I would want it to be my only oct thru may option. (tho too warm is better than too cold)

How's the sizing Gnar, I was considering one, but was fortunate to find a patagonia r3 for 1/2 price in my size. Was sketchy on ordering a suit without trying it on first.