LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    +1 on http://www.oregonsurfshop.com when I can't find something I need suit wise or fin wise...oddly enough I tend to find it here...good selection...have used them quite a bit on the past...in fact just ordered some...5mm xcel drylock boots from them...everyone else only had the 3mm in my size
    +1 on Xcel

I've been wearing a 4/3 Body Glove Fusion back zip that is in its 5th season and its served me well but it has been starting to leak, has a lot of ware-and-tare and is just getting old so I have been looking through some websites for new suits. I am going to stick out the rest of winter with the Fusion but I am looking to upgrade. I've been looking a lot at O'neil wetsuits and wanted some peoples opinions on them. I have narrowed it down to the O'neil Mutant 4/3 chest zip with the detachable hood or the O'neil Psycho 1 back zip. Has anyone had either of these suits that they could give me their opinions on? Also I was wondering what people's takes on back zip vs chest zip were? I know the chest zip allows for a lot more flexibility and not as much water getting in the suit but I have also heard that they are a pain in the a$$ to get on and off. Thanks for the help.

My Oneill front zip 6 mil is great actually first front zip I've owned so e my old 6 mil was 5 years old and the suite has an inside seam you step into. I never get cold in the winter. Don't know brand offhand but booties are equally important got Oneill booties too changed from excel 7 mil and the Oneill booties are way better other booties I had issues with them ripping as I pulled them on ( the tab in the back). Stay warm we got good cycle of waves coming!

I have the 4/3 flash bomb chest zip, now ppl say its a bad suit but i totally disagree. its by far the warmest suit that i have every worn and i live in southern NC, and wear it all year round. the flash dry lining does dry in 15 min but the in side E3 taping doesn't. Just a tad hard to git on and off, but next year im going to git this in a 3/2 or i might git the flash bomb + in a 3/2.

I have
    Quiksilver 3/2 Syncro backzip. Love this suit and have had no problems at all with it.
    Xcel 5/4 Infiniti Chestzip fullsuit with Hood Also a great suit. Surfed in 42 degree water for over 2 hours and never got cold in it.

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    I have the 4/3 flash bomb chest zip, now ppl say its a bad suit but i totally disagree. its by far the warmest suit that i have every worn and i live in southern NC, and wear it all year round. the flash dry lining does dry in 15 min but the in side E3 taping doesn't. Just a tad hard to git on and off, but next year im going to git this in a 3/2 or i might git the flash bomb + in a 3/2.
    I got this suit right after Christmas 2012, the 4/3 that is, and I thought it was great when I first got it. Actually had a day out in the water that I could feel my body warming shortly after I got it. The past month and a half I already noticing water sitting in my lower back when sitting on the board and now I'm not thinking it's the warmest.

Wondering if you've noticed this with yours.

I'm in Central SC.

This website does some good reviews on wetsuits http://www.freakfish.co.uk/category/...tsuit-reviews/

xcel 3/2. same problem. also have a consistent issue with the zipper getting jammed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    OK, since there are about 10000 wetsuit threads in this forum, i think we should all just post our suits and what we think of them. Make this a sticky, and when people have questions about suits, just look at the sticky and find reviews of the suit they're considering.

Me: xcel 5/4/3 infinity
    xcel 4/3 infiniti drylock
    xcel 3/2 back zip

my 4/3 drylock has been an incredible suit. it's 4 yrs old and does a great job from late october to early december and from early april to late may into june. great transition suit.

5/4/3 infinity has been a great suit as well and i have absolutely no complaints.

xcel 3/2 back zip has been pretty bad. the worst part is not having a chest zip. this suit gives me rashes under my arms and on my neck when it gets a lot of use. looking forward to when it gets a little cooler and i can rock the 4/3

hopefully this thread takes off..

I really like Xcel wetsuits really warm, great flex, have been wearing them for years but when the drylock model came out I had to bump up a size, and I didn't gain any weight, and found bigger sizes (2XLS-my new size, was XLS) are a ***** to find even online...

Not too pleased with Xcel, unfortunately...

Not too pleased with Xcel suits and repair, especially concerning the 3/2 infiniti x-zip2 and the drylock 3/2. Here's a letter i wrote to xcel:

Hi dear folks @ Xcel,

In the summer of 2012, I had two infiniti x-zip2 suits in a row already coming out of the box with separated seams, and after several returns and an eventual refund, I ended up getting a 3/2 drylock. After a few surfs, however, several seams around the thermo-airprene started coming apart and leaking. Also several reinforcement dots were coming unstuck. I sent the suit in for repair to the service center in Hossegor, France, got it back after 2 months (!), and then only used the suit again this summer. I also had an e-mail exchange with your colleague XXXXX about this.

Unfortunately, after 2 or 3 surfs, the glue that was used to repair the seams was gone and the seams were coming apart again. Also, after just 40 surfs in total and always having taken proper care of it and careful getting in and out of the suit, reinforcement dots have come off, tape is coming loose, and seams seem to be coming apart in other spots as well. Since the warranty period has expired, I turned to glueing the separated seams myself, which I hope will get me a few more surfs out of the suit before I write it off.

Naturally, I can't help being disappointed with Xcel. I find Xcel suits to be great in functional terms and have used Xcel suits for a long time already, but in all of this the out of the factory workmanship and repair service just seems to be below par. It's bad enough already that seams should fall apart like that, but if on top of that the repair service can't be counted on to provide adequate repairs, then buying an Xcel wetsuit just becomes a very risky thing to do.

I'm sorry to say that, between the lack of dependability of the suit and repair service and the hassle and cost of constantly having to return suits and going without a suit in the meantime, I find myself forced to turn to other brands.

Kind regards,
    Me

Haven't heard back from them, but will post it here when/if i do.