LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    4/3 Billabong Foil here in NC for the winter and I love this suit! Heated vest under is absolutely incredible...

Guys check out my buddies company....

http://www.heatedwetsuits.com/

Top of the line Isurus wetsuits and Thermalution heated vests. Heated vests are incredible for those long waits in between sets during the winter. Great product!

Images
    I'm new to this whole NJ winter surfing thing...I still don't even know if you should tuck glove cuffs under wetsuit or not hahaha. Any help?

under the sleeve - or they're gonna fill up.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    under the sleeve - or they're gonna fill up.
    Thanks for help

Images
    Any thoughts on 4/3 Xcel OS Backzip with hooded shirt underneath for NJ Winter?

Images
    I have an oneill mutant 5/4/3, use that all winter. Hood is really flushy though.

Oneill epic backzip 3/2. Really cheap quality.

Oneill 2mil rashie.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fam0612 View Post
    Any thoughts on 4/3 Xcel OS Backzip with hooded shirt underneath for NJ Winter?
    You'd probably only be able to stay in for like an hour with the water being 35 at thelowest.

Patagonia R4 FZ hooded FULL- Incredibly warm but not so stretchy. Pain in the @$$ to get out of. I bought this the 1st year they came out and I believe they have since improved the suit.

Rip Curl F-Bomb hooded FULL 6/5/4- Stretchy and an overall good suit. My 4th season with it.

Isurus I-Soldier 4/5/4- Got a killer deal on this on black Friday and treated myself to a nice Xmas gift. Have not used it yet as I still need to get rid of a few extra "beer" pounds from the last couple of months. Neoprene is top quality and the write ups on features seems good as well.

Oneil Psycho2 4/3 (back zip)- This suit has not been good to me. The knee keeps ripping out and I have had it replaced/repaired 3 times and the next time I get in the water it rips again. I have not had good luck with any of their products other than board shorts or T-shirts.

Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 3/2 (back zip) Paid less than 100. Crappy suit but does the trick.

Rip Curl shorty 2mil (back zip) Awesome suit. I prefer this over boardies and a top in the summer.

GLOVES/BOOTIES

Patagonia R4 Wool Lined Gloves 5mm Hands down the best gloves I've ever owned. They are all neoprene and lined with merino wool. Only had these for the last 4 sessions in NJ and my hands were sweating each time. Expensive tho.......$79.

Rip Curl or Oneil 5mm/3mm gloves Owned all brands and types. Regardless of the mm or brand I rip/tear/etc in one season. Huge waste of money and the major brands need to start making quality gloves!

Quicksilver Cypher 7.5mm Bio Fleece Round Toe Boot-Very warm and made of good materials. My only complaint is that there was no pull strap on the heel to help pull them on.

Patagonia R5 Wool Lined Round Toe Booties Very warm and made of good materials. Patagonia makes good stuff.
    Last edited by afocoryw20; Jan 2, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    You'd probably only be able to stay in for like an hour with the water being 35 at thelowest.
    Well how much colder do NJ waters get than 35*?

my ripcurl 5/4 flashbomb has ripped like 5 times in the back. Has anyone else had this happen to their suit? Plus I've been patching it up and putting the aqua seal wetsuit stuff and it keeps ripping. To expensive to get another. Wouldn'd buy it again.