LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    if you can afford Patagonia go with that. I have R2 and R3 top entry, fabulous. Much warmer than competitors equal thickness due to liner. I have also had good luck with the top of the line O’Neill 3/2, 4/3, 6/4 hooded plus assorted gloves and booties. All and all price makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Same here... xcel all the way

The 3/2 chest zip bugs me around my neck. But that's the only complaint.
    had that prob and solved it by storing the suit with a GALLON MILK JUG (empty) stuffed into the neck.

I just got a 3/2 Hurley Fusion for the spring/summer. Best wetsuit iv'e ever had

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by afocoryw20 View Post
    Patagonia R4 FZ hooded FULL- Incredibly warm but not so stretchy. Pain in the @$$ to get out of. I bought this the 1st year they came out and I believe they have since improved the suit.

Rip Curl F-Bomb hooded FULL 6/5/4- Stretchy and an overall good suit. My 4th season with it.

Isurus I-Soldier 4/5/4- Got a killer deal on this on black Friday and treated myself to a nice Xmas gift. Have not used it yet as I still need to get rid of a few extra "beer" pounds from the last couple of months. Neoprene is top quality and the write ups on features seems good as well.

Oneil Psycho2 4/3 (back zip)- This suit has not been good to me. The knee keeps ripping out and I have had it replaced/repaired 3 times and the next time I get in the water it rips again. I have not had good luck with any of their products other than board shorts or T-shirts.

Rip Curl Dawn Patrol 3/2 (back zip) Paid less than 100. Crappy suit but does the trick.

Rip Curl shorty 2mil (back zip) Awesome suit. I prefer this over boardies and a top in the summer.

GLOVES/BOOTIES

Patagonia R4 Wool Lined Gloves 5mm Hands down the best gloves I've ever owned. They are all neoprene and lined with merino wool. Only had these for the last 4 sessions in NJ and my hands were sweating each time. Expensive tho.......$79.

Rip Curl or Oneil 5mm/3mm gloves Owned all brands and types. Regardless of the mm or brand I rip/tear/etc in one season. Huge waste of money and the major brands need to start making quality gloves!

Quicksilver Cypher 7.5mm Bio Fleece Round Toe Boot-Very warm and made of good materials. My only complaint is that there was no pull strap on the heel to help pull them on.

Patagonia R5 Wool Lined Round Toe Booties Very warm and made of good materials. Patagonia makes good stuff.
    You must be rich.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDorvs View Post
    I just got a 3/2 Hurley Fusion for the spring/summer. Best wetsuit iv'e ever had
    Ya me too, def the best 3/2. The only thing I don't like about it is the ankle cuffs. Really tight and every time I put the suit on they feel like they are going to rip or something. I honestly think the whole suit is kind of fragile, but other than that very warm and stretchy.

Debating on an O'Neill Superfreak 5/4 or an Xcel Infiniti 6/5 for future LI winters... anyone have any experience in a 6/5? I've heard a lot of people say that it will be too thick to maneuver.. I can't imagine it being THAT much different than a 5/4..

Quote Originally Posted by rxsurf90 View Post
    Debating on an O'Neill Superfreak 5/4 or an Xcel Infiniti 6/5 for future LI winters... anyone have any experience in a 6/5? I've heard a lot of people say that it will be too thick to maneuver.. I can't imagine it being THAT much different than a 5/4..
    If you are going oneil get the pyrotech. If its strictly those two suites get the Xcel. My xcel has lasted 3 seasons, just got destroyed this year. I can prodeal a pyrotech through work, and based on reviews its the only winter suit oneil has made that stacks up against the other companies good suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McCall View Post
    If you are going oneil get the pyrotech. If its strictly those two suites get the Xcel. My xcel has lasted 3 seasons, just got destroyed this year. I can prodeal a pyrotech through work, and based on reviews its the only winter suit oneil has made that stacks up against the other companies good suits.
    Yeah it was pretty much between those two. I'm on a budget 'cause I'm in my last year of college and they had both on Whiskey Militia for sick deals. Sounds like I'm gonna go with the Xcel

i don't really feel like making a new thread for this question. money is kind of tight for me so i'm stuck with buying a suit online thats on sale. so if i measured my chest, waist, height etc.. and looked at the sizing chart for a certain brand suit, will the suit fit me right if i measured myself accurately and went by the sizing charts? or should i stop by a shop and try some sizes on to see what fits?

i don't want to go to a local shop and try on suits and then go back home and order it online from a different place, it's not right. but i'll go to a shop to try on suits if i reeaally need to.

Quote Originally Posted by FUN View Post
    i don't really feel like making a new thread for this question. money is kind of tight for me so i'm stuck with buying a suit online thats on sale. so if i measured my chest, waist, height etc.. and looked at the sizing chart for a certain brand suit, will the suit fit me right if i measured myself accurately and went by the sizing charts? or should i stop by a shop and try some sizes on to see what fits?

i don't want to go to a local shop and try on suits and then go back home and order it online from a different place, it's not right. but i'll go to a shop to try on suits if i reeaally need to.
    If you've never bought a suit before, then I'd go try some on just to know what size fits. Most of the manufacturers are fairly close though. Once you have a good idea what you wear, then I'd go order online.