LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    rip-curl 4/3 f-bomb back zip $194.99 worth it? reg. $400
    seems like chest zip is the way to go
    Last edited by kev711; Sep 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kev711 View Post

i would say absolutely! that's a great deal on a great suit.

i have a 42 1/2in chest and a 29in waist so what ever suit i get will be loose in the waist. is that a really bad thing and if the limbs are too long, is it ok to just cut the extra length?

i have a 42 1/2in chest and a 29in waist so what ever suit i get will be loose in the waist. is that a really bad thing and if the limbs are too long, is it ok to just cut the extra length?
    i wouldn't cut the length...it'll be useful when you've got thicker gloves & booties on. less possibility of the limbs slipping off or getting pushed off during a wipe out & letting water in.

great,thanks...how about the waist issue? is it ok if the waist is about 4-5in too big?

I'm not completely sure how good patagonias are, but I;d rather spend 200ish on a brand new xcel, rip curl etc than 500+ for a pat

great,thanks...how about the waist issue? is it ok if the waist is about 4-5in too big?
    i dunno...that seems it'd be an issue. the extra space would fill w/ water & flush out pretty easily, making it harder to keep warm.
    if you can, i'd say go try it on & see how it fits & what you think of it. personally, i'd be more concerned w/ the waist than the extra length in the arms & legs.

always have been an X-cell guy. but decided to try something new had extra cash and needed a new 3/2 so I went with the Matuse Hoplite..well worth the $450. Fits me better than any suit I have ever owned and feels like butter!! Gonna get a Tumo for the winter! Its a warm suit but more than anything It just fits me perfectly and is super light.

seems like chest zip is the way to go
    Just picked that up off whiskey yesterday.

got a 3/2 ripcurl dawn patrol- its got a good fit besides the neck which is a little bit loose.. and its not all that warm.

5/4 o'neill mutant- highly recommend this suit. fairly priced, very warm, great quality, easy to get in and out of, no armpit rashes, and the hood can be removed for when it gets a bit warmer or on those knee-waist high clean sunny days when you dont need to duckdive. going on my 4th winter with it. the thing has seen a lot of use cuz i would go right from my 3/2 to the 5/4 cuz i didnt have a 4/3. getting a little thin in a couple areas, so this will probably be my last winter with it.

Anyone have an O'Neill Epic II 3/2? Looking to get a new 3/2 and this looks like a good option for the money. Any thoughts?

Thanks!