LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I've got a lot of suits but I'm really happiest with these two.

Hyperflex Amp (Thanks Matt) 5/4: this suit is way lighter, way stretchier, way warmer and way cheaper than my O'Neil Mutant 4/3. Great suit.

Matuse Hoplite 3/2 Incredibly light and flexible, and really warm. Picked up on Giltman (another discount site) If you go with Matuse, size up, but the rubber they use is very lite, warm and flexible

excel 5mm lobsta claws (drylock), these are toasty. my hands are completely dry for up to about 2 hours and have never gotten cold.
    Last edited by johhnyutah; Sep 29, 2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: more info

Had 2 Rip Curl F-bombs but both had to be sent back multiple times due to the seam welds failing. Never do RC again. Switched to West Lotus and love them. Super stretchy and warm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Had 2 Rip Curl F-bombs but both had to be sent back multiple times due to the seam welds failing. Never do RC again. Switched to West Lotus and love them. Super stretchy and warm.
    I was gonna get a set of west mitts cause they had a velcro strap that went around the wrist which in theroy would work in keepin water out but how easy would it to get them under you sleeves.

I go with O'Neill boots and gloves all the way. They have these little gaskets on the inside that allows warm water to flow into your hands and feet but not out. They rock!

Images
    I go with O'Neill boots and gloves all the way. They have these little gaskets on the inside that allows warm water to flow into your hands and feet but not out. They rock!

Yeah I have oneill mits and I like them but they got a pin hole in the right in between the index finger and the part where you other 3 go . I fixed them with some oneill wetsuit repair glue been fine ever since

what is it with glove durability?! I guess the companies see gloves a such a limited market they really don't give a crap about quality control.

Images
    what is it with glove durability?! I guess the companies see gloves a such a limited market they really don't give a crap about quality control.
    yeah I never had any real luck with gloves . they useally last a winter if that depending on useage

I was gonna get some Hyperflex one and a new pair of boots too . I never tried there gloves or boots so I can give a reveiw on how good they are.

Images
    i had a pair of 5 mm. hyperflex gloves last winter that were the worst junk ever..after about 3 freezing sessions i just gave them to a kid who didnt have any gloves.
    i still havent really found a brand of gloves i like/are durable

matt, sticky?

I've got XCel 5mm lobster claw and 3mm 5-finger gloves (not the drylock) that have been great.