LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Rip Curl E Bomb 3/2 chest zip.
    Payed 255.00 for the suit new from surfside (surfline discount). The suit is super stretchy and really lightweight and I barely notice I'm wearing the thing. Seams are very durable with the added external tape which looks like it is going to be very durable. I like the added tape on the wrist/ankle area which my other suits don't have. I feel like it seals the suit up a bit more. I haven't been able to take it in chillier water to see how it would hold up, but from the couple sessions I've had with it I don't see any reason why it can't take you into the low 50's for water temp. For early DP sessions in the summer it's my go to.

Anyone know how the fit on a Hyperflex Hooded 5/4 Flow compares to the AMP Hooded 5/4? I had some difficulties getting the AMP on over my somewhat stocky frame, but my 4/3 flow fits great and seems to be water snug (water does get in through the shoulder cinches from time to time but heats up quick).

Rez

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    Anyone know how the fit on a Hyperflex Hooded 5/4 Flow compares to the AMP Hooded 5/4? I had some difficulties getting the AMP on over my somewhat stocky frame, but my 4/3 flow fits great and seems to be water snug (water does get in through the shoulder cinches from time to time but heats up quick).

Rez
    I notice in the cest my flow had a little bit more room than the Amp. When I got my amp I went to a medium rather than a large and it fit way better

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fur View Post
    http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page...suits/MWFULGX3

"softest, lightest, and most flexible wetsuit we've ever seen"
    "never soaks water"
    "45 minute dry time"

Sounds too good to be true. Anyone have one? Does the coating last? Review on YouTube seems to back it up.
    how does it have a 45min dry time if it never soaks up water? am i the only one confused by the apparent contradiction here?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    how does it have a 45min dry time if it never soaks up water? am i the only one confused by the apparent contradiction here?
    I dont know anything about the billabong that "doesnt soak water" but one of the things i like about my Matuse is that it doesnt soak up much water, stays very lightweight, and dries quickly since the water is mostly just beaded up on the surface when you take it off and hang it up.

Ive had my 5/4/3 billabong sg5 for about two years now and freakin love it. Have never had a problem with being extremely cold unless the windchill dips below the mid 20's. Would definitely buy another

I'm looking at a couple suits on sale. I'm a beginner in southern california and am hoping to get a mid-range suit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Budget is around 200. So far I'm looking at XCEL: 3/2 Infiniti X-Zip for 216, Infinity X-Zip Comp for 195, OS-zip for 180. And ONeill heat 3q backzip fsw for 187.

Thanks

Someone help me find a 5/4/3 chest zip hooded, for a good reasonable prize and that will keep me warm. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I dont know anything about the billabong that "doesnt soak water" but one of the things i like about my Matuse is that it doesnt soak up much water, stays very lightweight, and dries quickly since the water is mostly just beaded up on the surface when you take it off and hang it up.
    I'm probably going to get the new rip curl "flash bomb" thats supposed to be dry in 15minutes. It's more dry to the touch in the inside of the suit because the liner wicks away the water to the outside of the suit. to go into more detail, theirs two (2) layers of neoprene, the inner (with the wick thermo layer) and the outside layer, and the water is supposed to go through the inner layer and run down in between the the layers. it apparently works, and for $400, i'm getting it. http://www.ripcurl.com/?flashbomb

you should also check out buell wetsuits at, you guessed it www.buellwetsuits.com. best suits on the market. Nike 6.0, RUCA, Volcom, Rusty, ect. uses theese suits for their athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by henryk View Post
    Someone help me find a 5/4/3 chest zip hooded, for a good reasonable prize and that will keep me warm. I appreciate it.
    check out the 5/4/3 hyperflex amp or amp aerodome series, they are under $300. if you want to go a cheaper, check out the flow series.