LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I don't think a 3/2 will work for you in late fall and early spring. I may be wrong but if you're 15, then I don't believe you can adapt to the water with a 3/2. Try a 4/3, for fall and spring is perfect.

I have a 4/3 Hyperflex - find Hyperflex on the internet - I got the top of the line ( I forget what they call it ) but it has all the features of the " big name " suits at a fraction of the price. It's warm and stretchy and stays virtually dry inside. Seems to be very well made with the latest generation materials. I highly reccommend Hyperflex.

Yeah, But I am looking at costs too. How much more would these thicker ones cost?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.walka View Post
    Yeah, But I am looking at costs too. How much more would these thicker ones cost?
    Hyperflex flow 5/4/3 will run you about 200 boots 40 , and gloves 40 so your looking about 280 total give or take

Images
    i use a hyperflex 3/2 (dont know what model) but i love it. Its super flexible and keeps me warm through the entire fall.
    Last edited by ND081; Oct 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Hm, maybe a 4/3 so I get a little bit of both, if that makes sense.

Awesome dude!

Bottom line is that there is no way a 3/2 will work through the winter north of OBX. a 4/3 would probably be ok in VAB and the hyperflex is your best bet.

If this is indeed an "Official Wetsuit Review Thread", can we get the questions moved out to a different thread?
    It might help keep this one on topic and easier to search through.

summer/cool water suit= quiksilver lonngsleeve 2mm springsuit. syncro. Flexible, kinda warm. The velcro on the back of the neck kinda sucks and comes loose alot and gets my hair caught in it alot. BUT i only payed 50 dollars for it (originally double that) on jacks surfboards.

winter/cold water suit=oneill psycho 2 4/3. perfect for the rest of the time in vb. toasty and flexible. easy to get on too. got a good deal on that at WRV.

so those two suits do it for me... the ls springsuit down to about 60 degree water and under that i bust out the fullsuit...