LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 260
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    hi, ive been thinking about getting the 5/4 hyperflex amp come xmas time. it seems to be getting alot of good reviews on this thread and the price is reasonable. this is my problem. i am 5'10, and roughly 175lbs, my waist is 32 or 33. The size chart says Large is for 5'11, 170-190lbs, but waist is 35-37. will that be a problem?
    you've got to try it on, dude. never buy a wetsuit without trying it on first, unless you know that brand/size fits you well.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Its going to be my first winter in VB, and I was wondering what my winter gear should be, at the minimum.

    I currently wear an Xcel infinity xzip, 3/2, which got me through winters at north florida. thinking about upgrading to a 4/3 xcel hooded drylock. i searched around for this suit and the average price is in the high $300s. I have no clue as far as booties/gloves go.
    I wear a Hooded 4/3 Xcel Drylock through the winter in North NJ and it keeps me warm. Perhaps a slight chill on the coldest/windiest days but the reduced weight/thickness is worth it. For VB, it should be NO PROBLEM to wear this suit through the winter. 5-Mil Drylock boots and 3 mil Drylock gloves should also be fine down in VB. I have found the 3-mil gloves to work well down to about 45 degree water temps. Below that and I switch to 5MM lobster claws.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    you've got to try it on, dude. never buy a wetsuit without trying it on first, unless you know that brand/size fits you well.
    yea, i guess your right. when i bought my 4/3 billabong foil steamer (great wetsuit for a very cheap price, backzip is a little annoying, i wish it was a chest zip; other then that no complaints) i went off the size chart and ordered online. it fit great. that may have just been luck tho. plus the sizing chart matched my porportions to the dot, unlike the hyperflex size chart. I'll just have to find a shop that has one. But according to the size chart none of them will fit me perfect has anyone ever had this happen?

    P.S. i don't understand how anyone can be 5'11, 170lbs and have a size 35 waist

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Beach Township
    Posts
    232
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a 4/3 to last me pretty much from spring to fall. I won't be doing too much winter surfing this year. I've heard that ripcurl/xcel are pretty good for their price.

    I am looking to spend around 200$ (can be lower or higher) for a new suit. I have been looking into the xcel infiniti drylock and it seems that everybody has had something good to say about it. If there isn't really anything else, I may go above my price range.

    Also, it really doesn't matter what year it was manufactured in, but not too old, of course.

    Any pro tips?
    Last edited by NJSwell; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:36 PM.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Red bank
    Posts
    44
    Images
    315
    i have an oneill mutant 4/3 that lasted me the whole winter lst year really warm suit.
    3/2 hammer oneill ok suit but not very warm.
    5/4 mutant, new suit i heard its really warm
    2mm oneill guru shortsleave fullsuit

    i ordered a 3.5 / 2.5 oneill psychofreak anyone know how it is?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by shorepoints View Post
    I wear a Hooded 4/3 Xcel Drylock through the winter in North NJ and it keeps me warm. Perhaps a slight chill on the coldest/windiest days but the reduced weight/thickness is worth it. For VB, it should be NO PROBLEM to wear this suit through the winter. 5-Mil Drylock boots and 3 mil Drylock gloves should also be fine down in VB. I have found the 3-mil gloves to work well down to about 45 degree water temps. Below that and I switch to 5MM lobster claws.
    wow dude, you're nuts. i didn't even know they made a hooded 4/3 xcel. anyway, i tried wearing my 4/3 in jan w/ a sep. hood on a warm day, and that was a mistake. it took me the entire day to thaw my body out haha

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get a 4/3 to last me pretty much from spring to fall. I won't be doing too much winter surfing this year. I've heard that ripcurl/xcel are pretty good for their price.

    I am looking to spend around 200$ (can be lower or higher) for a new suit. I have been looking into the xcel infiniti drylock and it seems that everybody has had something good to say about it. If there isn't really anything else, I may go above my price range.
    Im in the same boat, want a fall/spring suit, but i was looking at the xcel infiniti x-zip 4/3 it seems like its gotten good reviews but im also considering a ripcurl (not sure which model) because of the warranty.

    any feedback would be appreciated

  8. #88
    i just recently purchased a rip curl f-bomb hooded 5/4/3 Chest zip this is my first rip curl suit I have always worn O'niell. Right off the bat i compared how light it was and it was as light as my 4/3 psycho. for a chest zip it wasn't as easy to put on like my mutant. It is super flexible and springy. the water temp hasn't dropped low enough for me to test it out in the water plus with the flat spell its no dice, but when the water temp gets to around 55 ill make sure to give it another review.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Beach Township
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by ocmdsponger94 View Post
    Im in the same boat, want a fall/spring suit, but i was looking at the xcel infiniti x-zip 4/3 it seems like its gotten good reviews but im also considering a ripcurl (not sure which model) because of the warranty.

    any feedback would be appreciated
    Nice to see someone with the same questions as I! I am almost set on getting a 4/3, I really wouldn't want to buy a 3/2 and 4/3, as I'm saving up for a new board and a car.

    Right now I'm only really looking at rip curl and xcel since they're within reasonable price range and they have pretty much everything I'm looking for.

  10. #90
    Does anyone have the ripcurl insulator, looks good. Im in between that and a hyperflex amp