LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: which part of the candy corn is your favorite?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • White tip

3 37.50%
  • Orange middle

4 50.00%
  • Yellow top

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Its about that time of year!

Ok so everyone knows about what time of the year we are heading into, good waves, cooling weather, and leaves a'fallin. So here is one of the biggest questions,

What is your favorite part of the candy corn. The white tip, orange middle or yellow top?

and yes, this is important

Images
    way to hard to decide, its all awesome...

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    none. the first 2 are okay and then a wave of WTF hits you and you never want to taste them again... but you end up still eating them anyway

I honestly hate that candy. I think it stems from when I was a kid and one year thats all we got at Holloween - handfuls and handfuls of that stuff at every door. I still remember puking my guts up after eating a ton of that crap. I could never eat another one again.

I once ate a pumkin shaped glass jar full of them with a quart of orange juice. Not good !

Images
    "Ingredients
    Confectioner's sugar, 2 cups
    Regular sugar, 1 cup
    Corn syrup, ⅔ cup
    Salt, teaspoon
    Vanilla extract, one teaspoon
    Unsalted butter, ⅓ cup
    Food coloring
    Method

In order to prepare candy corn, you have to mix powdered milk, confectioner's sugar and salt in a bowl and keep it aside. Take a saucepan and combine regular sugar, corn syrup and butter and boil this mixture over high heat. You have to continuously stir this mixture, till it boils. Once it boils, reduce the heat and cook it for another five minutes. After that, turn off the heat and mix the vanilla extract to this mixture. Now, add the mixture of powdered milk and confectioner's sugar, mix well and let it cool. Once the dough is cool, divide it into three parts, to which three different colors have to added. Knead the dough separately, so that the color gets evenly distributed. The next step is to roll this dough into three differently colored ropes of around inch thickness. Place these dough ropes next to each other and gently press them together with a rolling pin. Now, cut it in triangles and let the candy corn set for at least one hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    I honestly hate that candy. I think it stems from when I was a kid and one year thats all we got at Holloween - handfuls and handfuls of that stuff at every door. I still remember puking my guts up after eating a ton of that crap. I could never eat another one again.
    I hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by delsurfer88 View Post

What is your favorite part of the candy corn. The white tip, orange middle or yellow top?
    too funny. i asked my wife the same question last night and she said, "i knew the tip was white, but orange middle? yellow top?! maybe we should turn the lights on, honey".

(sorry. 8 beers talking...)

Images
    My favorite part is definitely not eating it. haha

IMO - The only thing worst on halloween then getting a handful of candy corns in your bag is.... a handful of pennies