LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

delam

Hey Leethestud,

It saddens me to hear that you were not happy with your delam repair. Please bring the board back in and I will take care of it for you. I am in the shop Fridays and Saturdays from 12-6pm or I can meet you there in the afternoons any other day. My cell is 270-8300 and you can just give me a ring for me to meet you there.

On the repair of a delam subject... Delams are tricky and I compare them to surfboard cancer. If you catch them quickly you can stop them most of the time. If a delam gets bigger than a softball it typically falls into where you can slow it down but you are not going to stop it. Once the delam is a certain size the foam in the board is compromised and means that it will keep crushing no matter what you put on top of it. Hopefully you caught it quickly and can stop it.

I would also like to let everyone know that Austin Surfboards repair work is guaranteed. If you have any problems/issues with the repairs please bring them back for us so we can have a look at them.

All the best,
    Austin

Quote Originally Posted by austin s View Post
    Hey Leethestud,

It saddens me to hear that you were not happy with your delam repair. Please bring the board back in and I will take care of it for you. I am in the shop Fridays and Saturdays from 12-6pm or I can meet you there in the afternoons any other day. My cell is 270-8300 and you can just give me a ring for me to meet you there.

On the repair of a delam subject... Delams are tricky and I compare them to surfboard cancer. If you catch them quickly you can stop them most of the time. If a delam gets bigger than a softball it typically falls into where you can slow it down but you are not going to stop it. Once the delam is a certain size the foam in the board is compromised and means that it will keep crushing no matter what you put on top of it. Hopefully you caught it quickly and can stop it.

I would also like to let everyone know that Austin Surfboards repair work is guaranteed. If you have any problems/issues with the repairs please bring them back for us so we can have a look at them.

All the best,
    Austin
    Thanks, Austin. Not only will I take you up on that, you have re-gained my patronage.